How many of you know that Congress is in session to steal your retirment savings?

Under the pretext of combating the financial crisis, Democrats in Congress have been conducting hearings on proposals to confiscate private retirement accounts and turn them into government-controlled accounts managed by the Social Security Administration, by implementing a new tax in the guise of mandatory savings scheme. How many of you ladies know about this and how do you feel about it?

luvmybabieskna

Asked by luvmybabieskna at 8:30 AM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

Level 1 (-3 Credits)
  • I have known and have been trying to warn about this and other issues. I think it is a travesty and we are in horrible danger! Grassroots Americans who believe in freedom, less government, and democracy are starting a for the people by the people resistance to this impending mess!! For those who supported an Obama presidency, wanting the government to give handouts and wanting the government to fix everything will soon have the government mandate and take EVERYTHING.....not only take our money, but take our freedoms!  Put your seat belts on America, we are in for a ride that will end in a crash!

blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 9:49 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• good thing I don't have any
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:33 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• sorry meant to include resources here they are:
    http://www.infowars.com/?p=5913
    http://www.jbs.org/index.php/jbs-news-feed/3957
    http://www.rightsidenews.com/200811082544/editorial/democrats-target-401k-and-ira-retirement-accounts.html
    luvmybabieskna

Answer by luvmybabieskna at 8:33 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• "Democrats in the U.S. House have been conducting hearings on proposals to confiscate workers' personal retirement accounts - including 401(k)s and IRAs - and convert them to accounts managed by the Social Security Administration. Triggered by the financial crisis the past two months, the hearings reportedly were meant to stem losses incurred by many workers and retirees whose 401(k) and IRA balances have been shrinking rapidly."

Yea, cause they did such a GREAT job with Social Security?  Give me a choice, do TAKE IT AWAY!

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:38 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Don't take it away(typo)... But so many said they wanted to "sit and wait"... Don't wait too long, your 401 (k) might become Property of the Democrats... err Government... lol

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:40 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Over my dead body.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:40 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Thats like going into your house and taking it from you!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Listen to Dave Ramsey this was brought up (oh and he is a McCain supporter). He said democrats and republicans both like power to much and this woudl be a guaranteed death sentence to them. Touching 401Ks would insure people wrath and they won't do it. All it is some crazy super super far left wing (that we don't claim) who has a theory and I think wrote a book.

If you still have a retirement account with any money left it is fine (I know my 401K is worthless right now due to the economy). Don't worry even those of us who are democrats wouldn't go for that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Oh, but I thought the Democrats were 'The People's Party'. Seems the American public and responsible people that have started to save for retirement weren't invited to that party.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:51 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I have heard this too....I don't have a retirement savings yet thankfully! Sounds like you're better off using your own savings account. I am scared for my parents and grandparents though that are depending on this money to retire. It's pretty unfair.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:18 AM on Nov. 12, 2008