has anyone had a child who had to have an operation from her abdomen? or a 4 hour long operation.. mine is, to remove part of her colon

She is having part of her colon removed, and an anoplasty, which is opening of her bottom which is not the normal size..ive posted before, but am now curious whose children have had to have a surgery with them opening their belly? Wondering how painful it was after for them, & just how the whole thing made you feel.. im very nervous.. she is 4 years old...& if you pray, please remember her!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:10 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Kids' Health

• I just wanted to wish you guys luck and I will send positive vibes her way.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 7:12 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• My son did have surgery once, although not like this. His lasted about an hour and it was to widen the opening at the tip of his penis. He was 4 when this was done. I will pray for you and send good thoughts your way.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:23 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• My son was born with Gastroschisis. He had surgery the day he was born.He was in the NICU for 6 weeks after his surgery. I wish you the best of luck and a quick recovery. God Bless !!
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 12:37 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• My daughter has a very large, diagonal scar across her left abdomen. When she was 13 days old she had a hole in her diaphragm repaired (Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia), along with organs that had moved into her chest cavity relocated to her abdominal cavity where they belong. She was on a lot of medication for a long time so I don't believe she ever actually had much pain. She spent two months in the NICU and three months and eight days in the hospital before coming home. Overall, the operation lasted about two hours.
    Bubbles318

Answer by Bubbles318 at 11:51 PM on Jan. 15, 2011