Symptoms after a miscarriage UPDATE!!! adult content

I miscarried at 8 weeks (New Years' Day) and still have sore breasts and tender nipples and didn't have this before with our last m/c which was further along (12 1/2 weeks).
Just wondering if anyone else has had this and when these symptoms lifted?
I just hope that my cycles get back to normal within 4-6 weeks so we can begin trying again.

Now, my spotting has ended at 1 week, 4 days after my miscarriage was confirmed on Jan. 1st.  I was told then after my U/S that my uterus was clear; no baby, no sac and that everything else looked like it had emptied and just some bleeding/spotting would follow for several days and then my 'natural' miscarriage should be complete.

I still have the tender breasts so my Hcg levels have still got to be up a bit (not at '0').  I see my NP on Friday so I hope she has some answers for me and can give us some guidelines as to when we can start to TTC again.

miraclewaits

Asked by miraclewaits at 7:31 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Was it a complete miscarriage?? If any of the placental tissue is still inside you will still have symptoms.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:42 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• They did an U/S the day after I had a natural miscarriage and they said that my uterus was clear and there was nothing left so just some bleeding and cramping would be experienced for several days and then I should be fine. I have had no fever or unusual symptoms except for the breast and nipple tenderness.
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 7:44 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• OK well if it's just the sore breasts, it's your hormones going back to normal. It stopped for me after a couple weeks. Hoping you get relief sooner. Sorry for the loss.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:48 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Thanks! That is what I needed to hear; that this can be normal. I hope it passes in another week or so. It has been one week yesterday and they are still tender. Not so fun when you are trying to move on with life and to try to deal with the loss......Time will heal, I know. I have been through this once before and honestly, this time has been a bit better for me. I just know that there is a reason and I need to look ahead and know that I can at least, get pregnant. I suppose that is the comfort I have even in the midst of my grief.
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 7:52 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I had my miscarriage 4 days ago. It's was a natural and complete miscarriage. My breast are actually more sore now then they were when I was pregnant.

My midwife says it's from my hormones being out of wack and that we will check my hormone levels when I go in tomorrow to make sure they are going down because we want to TTC again as soon as possible.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 8:01 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Okay. We are both in the same situation. My breasts are more sore now than they were for the first 8 weeks that I was pregnant. I go inot for an appt. this Friday so will be asking about my HCG levels as well. Sorry about your loss and hoping that good things lie ahead for you too!
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 8:06 PM on Jan. 9, 2011