Why am I pulling my hair out over stuff that don't matter in the long run?

Some days I just want to scream. Why do I get mad at my DH just because he forgets to put stuff away after working 8 long hours himself? Why do I want to yell at the kids because they didn't pick up their toys or spilled something? It's just toys. We could have had fun and made a game out of it to get the stuff picked up. I spill or drop stuff. No one is yelling at me. Why do I choose to make my family so upset? I don't want to be that way anymore. Any ideas how I can better react to situations?

shrugging

WalknWithGod

Asked by WalknWithGod at 7:46 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• Try to count to ten. Relax and pick your battles. It doesnt always work I just yellled at my 10yr old for his room today but I feel bad after. Your kids are only little once they grow so fast believe me it seemed like just yesterday my son was 3, Enjoy your kids teach them to clean, they will help you. It make not be perfect but kids love to help us. My son vacumes, washes floors, helps with laundry, dusts etc
    Mind you its not perfect but it helps and it does teach him.
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 9:07 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Well for one you are well aware what you are doing, so think about it when it happens, take over the situation and reverse your action. Try to change the stuff that you have control over not the ones you don't and in the long run don't really matter.

Answer by older at 7:59 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Make some alone time for yourself during the day if at all possible. Relax and decompress even if it's only over a cup of tea. Tell yourself exactly what you have said here and take a deep breath each time you feel yourself getting angry. You can do it. hug
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:51 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• When you get it figured out let me know! I have the same problem!
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 7:49 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I caught my self doing the very same thing some days and it is hard to remember that if things are fun it is less stress for all of the family. I am currently working on rememberung some fun songs or sayings to help lighten the load. But after you clean the house and then it slowly becomes dirty again it is hard.
    Aries46845

Answer by Aries46845 at 7:52 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• We are moms HELLO we all do it & feel bad about it afterwards we just need to learn to take a time out for ourselves even if its a 10 minute walk around the block we have to realize as much as we love our families we cant do it all & stay sane at the same time find a healthy balance GL
    Marie_07

Answer by Marie_07 at 7:57 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• well, nothing really matters in the long run if you think about it. u need to go have a good day to yourself every now and then.
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 9:26 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Sometimes the weight of the world is on our shoulders as mothers we run the entire family. Which can sometimes just be exhausting. If possible try to get a weekend away with friends or alone to relieve a little stress has always helped me sometimes you just need a break! Agood luck.
    Destins_Mommy

Answer by Destins_Mommy at 12:31 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I don't know, but really you shouldn't. You'll be bald soon. And we don't want that, do we?
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 3:32 PM on Jan. 10, 2011