Why is it so hard to forgive?

Life is so short. Someone died that I'll never be able to say,"Plz forgive me for my actions. I was hurt & mad at the moment. I shouldn't have kept silent for so long." Now I have to live with that... Was it worth it? No Did I miss out on the wonderful moments we had before the arguement? Yes! What am I gonna do now? What can I do so this doesn't happen with anyone else who is in my life?

WalknWithGod

Asked by WalknWithGod at 7:49 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• Because that person hurt you. We all need to learn things-you are not the only one this has happened too.
    Learn from your mistake-and I'm sure this person is looking from heaven, knowing you love them. Blessings!
    Anonymous

• Live for today & not worry about tomorrow unfortunately we are not able to mend every broken relationship we have with others i am very sorry for your lost but i am pretty sure they wouldn't want you sulking around wondering about the what ifs & could have Been's. In order to prevent this in the future the next time you have a feud with someone take a moment & think about the bigger picture and ened it right then in there dont hold grudges it takes too much energy

Marie_07

Answer by Marie_07 at 7:54 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• All you can do now is to take the lesson that you learned from it and not repeat it.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 7:56 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I'm struggling with trying to forgive my brother. It's a long complicated story that I can even begin to get into here.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 7:56 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I forgive for me its too much to carry someones misdeeds with me anymore.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:01 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• It is hard to forgive because you have your own feelings invested in the sitauation as well. On the other hand there are so many people who forgive on the notice of a dime and those are the people who I strive to be more like.
    Aries46845

Answer by Aries46845 at 8:24 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Even though this person is gone from earth, say it out loud to them what you want to tell them. They will hear it.

Just remember to be more open with what you feel and want people to know that are important in your life. It's hard, I know.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 9:07 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• It's difficult because when people ask for forgiveness ... You can't get that from somebody else. What it really is, is to be able to forgive yourself. To face the naked truth and say: "I did this and that. I regret it, but now I'm going to move on." It's overcoming something within yourself. You just have to find out what that "something" is.
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 3:28 PM on Jan. 10, 2011