sleeping on his own?

So my DS has been co sleeping with me he is 7 months old now and I would like to move him to his crib or pack n play but everytime I do he screams like last night I layed him in his pack n play and he dozed off for like 10-15 minutes then would wake up look around and cryed. I would put the pacifier in his mouth he would doze off wake up 5 minutes later and cry I tried that like 4 times! Finally I just put him back in bed with me any advice ladies?! Me and my DF don't get any alone time anymore if you know what I mean ;) please help

mommiofalilboy

Asked by mommiofalilboy at 7:57 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It will take time and patience with getting him comfortable with being in his own bed. Maybe taking him to his crib during the day a few times and letting him just be in the crib with a few toys while you put laundry away will help him see that although he is in the crib you did not disappear and you will be right back.
    Aries46845

Answer by Aries46845 at 8:02 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• The transition is difficult but shouldn't take long if you are consistent and stick with it. You might have to let him fuss some. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:04 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Be strong and let him cry it out for say 15mins before you go back in to re settle him! Do this for a few nights and he will settle into the new idea! If you keep giving in then he will continue crying cause he knows that you will give in soon enough!

I found this article that may provide some helpful ideas to help your son sleep better!

Good Luck!

shirl16

Answer by shirl16 at 10:28 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• keep putting him in the pack n play. Get him on a rountine every nite and put him down n the pack and play. He will know that where he suppose to be. don't confuse him and give up and put him back in the bed with you. I had that problem but noe he sleep in his bassinet without cry to be with me GOOD LUCK!
    strongnbrave

Answer by strongnbrave at 12:13 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• One thing that worked for my SIL was to put the bassinet right next to her side of the bed and she draped her arm in their just enough so that her hand was touching the baby. That way he would be able to see, feel, and hear you enough that the transition wont be so hard. Good luck.
    MeganS1985

Answer by MeganS1985 at 3:38 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• kepp putting him in there. he will be fine to cry for while. it won't hurt him, he will have to get used to u not being right next to him. meganS has a great idea to...good luck!
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 7:02 AM on Jan. 10, 2011