Is there any way to induce menstration?

I'm about 4 days late. I've taken HPT's twice already...both negative, and they were early response tests, so I assume they SHOULD be accurate.

I've read vitamin C can make you start...but also that is can cause a miscarriage if you ARE pregnant, so on that off chance I still might be, I'd rather not do that.

But what about sit ups? Parsley tea? Anything that would bring aunt flo without doing a potential pregnancy any harm? Probably not...this is mostly just for fun to see what you may have heard on this matter...

Just kind of wish I would start to move on already...I won't feel "in the clear" until auntie dearest makes her grand entrace.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:05 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Sorry hun I have no idea. The only thing I can really say is; If you're one of those who's never late then give it another day or 2 then go see your GYNO.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 8:08 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• sex does it for me.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:09 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I wouldn't say NEVER late...I've been late before with no pregnancy... but since my son has been born last year I've been pretty much on target with regularity. I'm waiting as long as safely possible to go in because I know as soon as I do, I will use the office bathroom on my way out and Aunt Flo will be there. lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:11 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Sex is good...and it wouldn't lead to a miscarriage if I were pregnant...perfect! Let me find DH...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:12 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Beets. And yes sex in early pregnancy CAN cause a miscarriage. It's pretty uncommn, but can happen especially if you miscarried before.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:15 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• ***uncommon** Need a new keyboard my letters stick.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:16 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• My midwife always said if sex does lead to a miscarriage, though, you probably would have miscarried anyway...it can just cause it to happen sooner. But in most cases, it shouldn't terminate a healthy pregnancy. Will beets lead to miscarriage? Or does it just bring aunt flo if she's coming anyway?

How often are HPT's WRONG at 3-4 days late?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:18 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• My aunt is looking for a new home, she won't be here til' about 3 weeks, but she would love to stay with you for a week, maybe even longer LOL!
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 8:21 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Beets will not hurt a growing baby. It is also said a footbath in hot water should help start a late cycle. As will ginger tea. Another tip to try is to massage below the outer and inner ankle of each foot, as well as the outer and inner of each wrist in a circular motion. If there is tenderness when you rub those area, you're in the right place. Massage until the tenderness is gone. not sure why it would work, but it's worth a try.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:25 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Hmmmm...I can do all those! I have ginger, hot running water, and fingers with which to rub my ankles! LOL. Thanks for the tips. I just want all this drama behind me... if I was pregnant, fine. If I'm not, fine...I just hate the limbo!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:27 PM on Jan. 9, 2011