Parenting style?

Do you create your own or is there a specific system that you follow?
Personally I mesh what I see on supernanny and what I've read in the "love and logic magic" book, and let me tell ya these past 6 months have been awesome compared to last year. We're not completely there but it's sooo much better.

2murphyboys

Asked by 2murphyboys at 8:17 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• We create our own. =)
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 8:18 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Go with the flow. I learn from my mistakes, I learn from other's, I learn when something goes well. I figure as long as I'm learning, I must be doing something right. Common sense plays a good part of it too. I figure when my kids are 18 maybe then I'll get that mother of the year trophy hahah!
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 8:21 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I use what I have taught with what I have learned from experience. THe biggest thing is be consistent and follow through.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:32 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Strict when needed, loving when needed, and let them be kids.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 8:35 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I basically create my own. I haven't been into opinion parenting books, on this is how you should raise a kid, because so many kids are different, when you have another kid it might not necessarily work. That's the thoughts I have, plus I like to contour how I parent to my son.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 8:35 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• go with the flow.... and learn from others mistakes!
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 8:37 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I kind of do what my mom did, while adding my own style to it. I go with my gut and learn from my mistakes.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:20 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I just tend to do what feels right and comfortable to me. So far it's been working! I think you have to be flexible and keep what works and drop what doesn't... I also think it varies with the kid in question.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:31 PM on Jan. 9, 2011