When will Obama's health care plan take effect?

Just curious!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:41 AM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I wouldn't hold my breath on that. Even Pelosi was saying that it would likely take years before he could start implementing any type of health plan because of the cost. I think they will be using that for 2012. He has already been mentioning his 'second' term, and he isn't even in office yet. He has yet to see if the American people (his employers) even like the change that he is promoting. So, I guess we will see.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• They better start thinking of doing something. Just read today, One in three americans had trouble paying medical bills this year. That is bad news to hear, I know my co-pays and deductibles keep going up.
    MadMom4808

Answer by MadMom4808 at 8:58 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Hopefully never.

There's a reason Canadians come to the us to pay for healthcare here. (They have socialized medicine there.)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• ANON: You took the words out of my mouth. I hate the idea of universal health care. I don't want to wait 3 months to see my doctor if I'm sick today. I hope it never goes through!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:15 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Are people really that ignorant of how our government works. You think that since he was elected, now all his compaign proposals will really happen automatically? Wow.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Since I am an older mom ...I have friends that are retired...and some going back to work or hoping to because of the medical cost....I tell ya some even won't go to doctors because of the cost. It's terrible....well I pray for all to have good health. Wouldn't be nice to get healthy and lay off some doctors.. Just a thought!
    Joyo4

Answer by Joyo4 at 9:34 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• With the cost involved and the current economic crisis I don't see it happening any time soon.
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 9:36 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• That remains to be seen. Under ordinary circumstances, it would have to be voted on by both Chambers of the legislative branch of our governement. It's beginning to sound like there could be a decree issued and the legistature, bypassed. We will just have to wait and see.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:40 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Don't hold your breath,,,,,,
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:47 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• The fifth of never would be my guess.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Nov. 12, 2008