Shooter liked left-winged politics......so

how was the shooting motivated by right-winged politics? He also listed the Communist Manifesto as one of his favorite books along with Animal Farm which is a political parody on communist socialism. So, if he alligned with the left, why is the right being blamed? Why are the people who effect these things not leaving the politics out of it and allowing the country to rise to its better self and stand together in support about this event? Oh, I know, "Never let a serious crisis go to waste." is what Rahm Emanuel said.

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/gabrielle-giffords-Jared-Loughner/2011/01/09/id/382275?s=al&promo_code=B6DD-1

jesse123456

Asked by jesse123456 at 8:30 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Let's be clear...the left wing media and progressive politicians are pointing the finger at the right. They count on implanting perception as early as possible in the hope that it will stick with the viewer or reader. The shocked responses of the right when confronted with this garbage can be defensive and that is classic left wing ambush style.

The result the leftists are looking for is a reason to muzzle Beck, Limbaugh and other conservative media. My suggestion is to remain exactly as before and point out the daily remarks of the Marxist left...like what is said on MSNBC and by certain Democrats. It would be delicious to see a compilation of sound bites as well as written remarks from these thinly-veiled socialists.
    annabarred

Answer by annabarred at 9:35 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Since the shooter is not talking, none of us should assume what motivated him. We will find out in time. Until then, any assumptions just make this already absurd split between the country even worse.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 8:33 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

I agree.. That includes the psychos who are obsessing to make a Palin connection...  OP, I know you aren't obsessed like some have proven themselves to be recently...  But, I would like to say, be careful to be too quick to look for a blame....

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:52 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I doubt we will every get a satisfactory answer. He has mental issues and anything he says probably won't make sense anyhow. It's sad that people can't just let the investigation take place instead of making a right or left issue. It's a crazy issue. The only blessing in this whole tragedy is that he wasn't able to get off more shots and kill more people in this heinous act.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:53 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I refer you to my question about if you think it was politically motivated. If you read the left hand side you will find an understanding of what motivates assassins and spree killers. They almost universally fit the standard mold for behavioral indicators. From what I have read on this guy and the extensive research I have done both in college and on my own, this guy is no different. If you think I am full of BS on this, ask Natesmom.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:09 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• But as far as your last statement, never let a crisis go to waste, that is true. No other party generally stoops to such low levels for political gain.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:12 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Here is a good assessment with a very interesting point:

this case couldn't be more different than that of Nidal Hasan, the Fort Hood killer who was motivated by Islamist hatred of America. Yet it is notable that the press corps was more restrained in identifying Major Hasan's Islamist role models than in immediately stretching to link Mr. Loughner with American politicians who universally denounce such violence.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703667904576071943007100666.html?mod=WSJ_Opinion_LEADTop

Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:41 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• He seems more tea party wacko by his actions but I'm not labeling him right wing nut am I?

I would say you just did without TRYING to make yourself appear as if you did.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 12:21 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Read your last statement in your OP. That is your answer.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:33 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Not according to the final assessments sweet. It was classified as terrorism.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:58 PM on Jan. 9, 2011