Me and my son father are not with each other anymore but does he have a right to tell me that i dont have a right for me to start dating someone else and does he has a right to tell me that i can be around his family?

My son father try's to tell me that i should not start to date anyone and that i should not be around his family. His family likes that i bring my son around because they know that his father would not bring him around. His father started to date a week after he broke up with me so how does he have any rights to tell me what to do and who i should i be around

desi8809

Asked by desi8809 at 8:55 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• Tell him to piss off. You are your own person. He can't tell you what to do.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:56 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• He has no rights to you, only your baby, that's where your relationship begins and ends, you need to let him be aware of that.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 8:58 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• He has no rights to our son at all
    desi8809

Comment by desi8809 (original poster) at 8:59 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• ignore him. do what you want to do. you can go around his family if you want. he has no control over you
    youngmami07

Answer by youngmami07 at 9:00 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• LMAO! No, he does not have the right to tell you what to do. He cannot tell you who you can talk to, date, or visit. And, he can't tell you not to see his family, either. But, his family may not want to see HIM if he doesn't knock it off! What a twit!
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 9:01 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• He has the rights that you allow him to have. The fact that you are questioning this makes me wonder what you are thinking. You of course know he does not have the right to do these things. But yet, you allow him to upset you and cause you to question it. He knows he can cause this drama and you are allowing him to do it.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:02 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• He has no rights to your son? Why doesn't he have any rights to his son?
    And if he's got no rights to his son, then exactly why does he think he can tell you that you can't date??? Why is he even calling you???
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 9:02 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Ignore him. Hes just being controlling. You can go around his family if they are accepting of You and Your son and are respectful towards you. He isnt your boyfriend anymore and he cant tell you who you can be with..sorta

Now its a completely different thing when it comes to the child. He can fight you IF he has rights to your son..on who is around ur child and if he thinks they are a bad influence..(drug dealers, abusive and so forth). It happened to My boyfriend and I with his two kids from a previous marriage. We got a court summons because his ex wife tried to say that I was beating her kids and that I was selling drugs and w/e.
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 9:04 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• when my son was born he had sign off on his rights to him
    desi8809

Comment by desi8809 (original poster) at 9:04 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• If he signed over all rights then cut of communication with him and tell him to get lost.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:05 PM on Jan. 9, 2011