How to tell my SIL to LAY OFF !

i recently joined this site because I am expecting my first baby !!!

My sil is excited, I know this, because she tells me all the time, and she was bugging me to get pregnant before I was so her kids would have a cousin to grow up with. I also think she might be a little jealous because she cannot have any more kids ( but wants them ) .

She sent me a message saying that she will bug me and it is just because she is excited and to ignore her .... BUT I am so tired of her doing this... she always sends me baby names and baby clothes links and talks about buying all this stuff... my husband isnt bugged by this, but I am ... how do I tell her to back off !!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• Just say its overwhelming.

She wants to spoil her little niece or nephew, a jealous person wouldn't be looking for stuff to get and be excited, they'd be mean, trust that.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 9:06 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I would just be honest with her. I would let her know that you are glad she is excited for you and that you appreciate all that she is doing for you. Then let her know that you would like to have some experiences that are just yours since this is your first baby. If it were me I would just be honest with her. If she still doesn't get a clue then just tell her that you don't want her help anymore.

Either that or just ignore her emails and messages.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:07 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Say you really appreciate her enthusiasm but BACK THE F OFF. say its our turn to go through pregnancy and baby's first of everything and you'll like to do that and learn on your own. Tell her this is YOUR child not hers.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:07 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Just tell her that yall are excited too and that you apperciate her happiness for you but she needs to give yall some space. That it's your time and your baby with your husband. Simple as that.

Congrats Mama :)
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 9:08 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I am real big on honesty tell her to stop you do not like it and you do not mean to hurt her feelings but she is hurting yours by being this way . Just be honest with yourself and others .All about presentation say it right so as not to sound defensive and she might surprise you.
    Ozaki48

Answer by Ozaki48 at 9:10 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Wow, you are really complaining about a SIL being NICE to you? If the emails bother you, delete them. Some people just like to complain about anything!
    Anonymous

• Be honest, tell her that you're glad she's excited, but that this is your pregnancy and if she wants to share all of that stuff, to share it with your husband (since he isn't bothered by it).
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:13 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I think you need to say something like: "I have something to tell you and I don't want to hurt your feelings or be mean so please don't take it that way. Sometimes your enthusiasm about the baby is a bit overwhelming for me and I was wondering if you could tone it down just a little bit."
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:21 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I would really lay the guilt on her by saying all this info she is giving you is overwhelming you and that it is causing you stress/anxiety and that CANNOT be good for your baby, lol.........she would back off then!!!
    cfh72

Answer by cfh72 at 10:07 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Just say I have this in the bag i got plenty of help i dnt really need the extra web sites and information and things ... thanks but if i need your help i will be sure to ask you first plus have ur man tell her how you feel so she gets the point :)
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 11:42 PM on Jan. 9, 2011