At what age do most children move into big bed

At what age are most toddlers being moved into a twin bed?

Aries46845

Asked by Aries46845 at 9:08 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My son went into one when he refused to sleep in his crib at 10 months old. We put rails on them and took them off at about 1.5-2 yrs.
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 9:12 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• My youngest was 18 months when we moved him into a twin bed because I was pregnant with my second child and I didn't want to have two cribs. With my middle child we moved him into a twin bed at 12 months because he was flipping out of his crib and I didn't want him to get hurt.

My youngest was moved into a twin bed at 2 years because we moved into a new house and it was the right time.

I think you have to do what you feel is best and also what your child can handle. For me my kids didn't get out of bed all the time. Once they were in bed they stayed there.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:14 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• My children were all under the age of 2 when they started climbing out of their cribs, so they were put in to twin beds.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:19 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• He was 18 months when I moved out and he started sleeping in a twin bed since my ex kept the crib.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:34 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• My DD wnt to a twin at about 18 months, my DS was about 3 ( I HAD to keep him contained!! LOL)
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:44 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• DD was about 2
    ceemuhreeashbee

Answer by ceemuhreeashbee at 10:59 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Mine did at 12 months. :) But we're weird.
    iHay

Answer by iHay at 8:59 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• mine hasnt moved to a twin yet, we were fortunate enough to be given a toddler bed. i think we will be moving ds to a twin by the time he's 5, he's going to be 3 on friday!
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 9:18 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• 1st DD went to a toddler bed at 2 then a twin bed at 3 1/2
    2nd DD went to toddler bed at 18 months and is still in it but will be getting a twin bed in a couple months she's 2 now.
    3rd DD is 11 months old and is still in a crib
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 11:17 AM on Jan. 11, 2011