What is there to be excited about now....

I can't have any more babies... I have 2 and I had very hard pregnancies with both, I literally almost died with both of them. Also because of lack of space and lack of money we just knew there were no more in the future for us, and my husband got a vesectomy.

Now everytime I know someone who is pregnant I get soooo jealous ! And now it is worse because my brother's fiance just found out she is pregnant , I am very excited because I know they are happy and I cant wait to be an aunt, but at the same time I feel almost depressed because Iknow I am never going to have that joy or excitement anymore..... and now I feel dumb because I am so excited that I just literally cant stop talking about it and I know I am annoying them .

I just don't know what to look forward to.... I mean, what do you look forward to when you know you are done having kids.... I just have to think of my own kids growing up ( which makes me sad because my oldest is about to start kindergarten) ....

have you ever felt this way

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• You look forward to grandkids...
    Or you could adopt sometime in the future when things settle down.
    jas_momof2

Answer by jas_momof2 at 4:08 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I don't get it. Life stops because you don't have infants anymore? What about people who don't have kids? Should they be depressed? You have two children, so I would say you have a lot to look forward to. Snap out of it and be grateful for what you do have. And maybe get some other interests. Your kids will be grown someday. What then? Are you going to be depressed then too? That is LIFE honey. Babies grow, life continues. Enjoy it. Cherish it.
    Anonymous

• You look fwd to all their milestones. Think of all the couples who would give anything to have 1 child, you have 2. YOU should be very thankful and happy that you were so blessed! I'm sorry I can't find it in my heart to feel sorry for you. It seems to me you like the attention being pregnant and having a new baby brings more than anything else.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 10:34 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I'm sorry you're so sad. But you have plenty to look forward to! Enjoy your children and your niece or nephew.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 9:20 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• At that point in my life I was looking forward to seeing the kids my babies were turning into. There is so much more to being a parent than the baby stage, there are many new adventures in store for you. (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:21 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• We have children to be PARENTS, not just to have babies. I had my last baby five and a half years ago, and there is always something to be excited about. There is something wonderful about moving on to the next step, when you aren't tied down with newborns and your kids are old enough to do all the exciting things you can't really do when they're in the baby or toddler stages. Vacations, swim classes, roller coasters, you name it. My youngest lost his first tooth on Friday. I can understand the excitement that comes with having babies, but I am so glad I am past that point and don't have to go through all that again.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:22 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• You have your children to be excited about. Enjoy them while you can.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:24 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I agree with anon...if you didn't write the other question, then your SIL is on here too talking about you! lmao You really must be bored.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:45 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:46 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• My, what do you mean,what is there to look forward to?? There is lots to look forward to. When your children come home after their very 21st day of kindergarten and you sit down with them and their afterschool snack. Their 1st lost tooth, their 1st sleep over, their 1st crush, their 1st school dance, their 1st day of high school, driver's permits, licenses, 1st cars, 1st prom, graduation, college, marriage, 1st grandchild.
    If you really need a baby fix, volunteer in a church nursery. Otherwise, honestly get some counseling because this isn't a normal feeling.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:58 PM on Jan. 9, 2011