counting babies age?

Should u count ur babies age by weeks or by every same date of each month, for example if my son was born Sep. 11th, would I count each month by every 11th or by weeks...hope I'm being clear, I know it's a weird question?

PANZONSMOM

Asked by PANZONSMOM at 9:47 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• i did weeks until they were about 15 wks old or so...then i started with months. when they hit 2 is when i started with years
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 9:48 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I think most people count by weeks for the first month, and the months aftwards until they turn 2 and then they count in years from then on.
    gumby11883

Answer by gumby11883 at 9:50 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Count by weeks for a couple months. Then by months. When they are itty bitty, the weeks make a difference, but once they hit about 3 months, it doesn't matter as much.
    kmstockwell

Answer by kmstockwell at 10:00 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• i counted weeks for about 3months or so then i started counting by months like right now when people ask how old my son is i tell them hes 21months im sure when he gets to 2 it will be easier to say hes 2 lol.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 10:06 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I counted weeks up until about 5 months (with my first) Then counted months up until she hit 1 year. I occassionally counted months, but just got a lot easier to say (and keep memorized) 1 year LOL! With my second I did the same, except i counted weeks until she was 3 months.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 10:07 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• The 11th of every month. From September 11th to October 11th is one month.
    Now, before he's a month old you go by the day of the week. Say he was born on a Friday .. So Friday the 11th to that very next Friday would be one week. Does that make sense? Just as you would count anything else in frame of time .. You go from that day or that date to the very next day/date to count the "distance" in between.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:47 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• MONTHS EVERY 11TH ADD A MONTH TO THERE AGE I DID IT TILL SHE WAS 12 MONTHS NOW I SAY O SHE IS 1 AND A HALF AND SOME CHANGE LOL
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 5:22 AM on Jan. 10, 2011