Four year old birthday party at house

This year I was wanting to have a party for DD bday with friends from school and dance over . I would like to have it at the house for about an hour with a few games and cake. My daughter wants to invite all the kids in her class, but I would prefer just the girls for her party. What are others thoughts with hosting a party for just girls?

Aries46845

Asked by Aries46845 at 9:47 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• one with just all girls would be nice. u could do mini makeovers (if thier parents say its ok) do each others hair put nail polish. just enjoy being 4
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 9:50 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• It will be easier with just girls. Size is an important consideration. Kids now days come with their parents to parties. So you need to have a way to involve everyone.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:51 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• A lot of times, the school will not let you invite some but not all......But if thats not the case, a tea party would be nice;)
    madsmom314

Answer by madsmom314 at 9:52 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Have the girls come in thier best dress up dress, You could serve peanut butter and jelly, cerlery sticks, koolaide for tea, let them decorate thier own cupcake, perhaps decorate a clay pot and plant a flower to take home?
    madsmom314

Answer by madsmom314 at 9:55 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I think that having a mixed birthday party is good. It will teach them that friends do not always have to be the same gender. I also think that if she is old enough to request the friends that she would like then let her decide. After all it is here birthday!

shirl16

Answer by shirl16 at 9:55 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Maybe it's because I have a little boy..., but it always personally bothers me that parents have all-girl parties on purpose... What's wrong with boys?! Why not make it a general birthday party at home and invite her friends boys and girls. And I don't understand the comment by tootoobusy that it is easier with just girls?!?!
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 10:10 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• i think she means because there will be less children there it will be easier. I never invite kids from the class bc they do want you to invite all or none. I cant imagine a party with 25 kids from the class, their parents, and all of our other friends....oh it would cost sooo much money!!!
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 10:58 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I am a preschool teacher, and have had several parents do just gals parties. If she still wants to do something for all her class, you can check with her school, and see if you could do goody bags or cupcakes so they arent left out.
    Ms.Wendy83

Answer by Ms.Wendy83 at 11:26 PM on Jan. 11, 2011