How do i get him to help?

My SO works 2nd shift from 4pm to 12pm. I'm 31wks pregnant and we have 2 kids 2yrs and 10m. And I take care of them all day because of him working so late he sleeps late then gets up and gets ready for work and leaves. I do all the household things too. I told him that he needed to let mme rest on weekends because me body cant go like that forever I get no sleep maybe 3-4 hrs a night. It gets hard for me to bend over and pick things up or stand for long periods of time because I had my 10m old via c-sec and my scar starts hurting.
(CONT)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Relationships

• Ask him again and if he doesn't help stop cleaning cooking etc for him!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• (CONT)
    I have been having contractions and pains and this morning I asked him if he could get up with the kids because I was in so much pain and I was having contractions and he just laid there. Is this what I'm in for when our daughter comes. having a 2 1/2 yrold a 1yr old and a nexborn plus being cut open ans having a scar. And him sleeping while I'm trying to do everything myself. I dont have anyone else to help me I need him to realize that I NEED his help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:54 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I would sit down and have a long conversation with him. I know for me it was a perception thing. My DH felt that he was really stressed because of work and that since I stayed home I should be able to do everything.

We had to talk about what we wanted to we had to understand were the other person was coming from. Things have gotten much better and although sometimes he still does nothing he does help more.

I also found that the older my kids got the easier some of this stuff is.

Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 8:55 AM on Nov. 12, 2008