Do you think there are still cultural differences when it comes to raising babies nowadays in the US?

Autumn07

Asked by Autumn07 at 10:09 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yes. Its not always even about race or color its about what people see their own families do. My family and my inlaws are opposite with parenting in every way and we are pretty much the same ethnicity's

Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 10:44 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Of course and that will never change. You're constantly getting a influx of new citizins from around the world in the US. Which causes cities and neighborhoods to flutuate in diversity daily. With that you're getting different cultures sharing a difference in belief, raising, diciplin, and so on. Even within families that have been in the US for generations you're still having passed down beliefs within the culture they were born into. You're never going to have a generalized belief in raising a child, because again this country is always learning from their history and from new cultures arriving daily.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:40 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Yes absolutely.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:12 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• of course. And its not just a matter of ethnicity or race its also a matter of where in the country you live. Diff. people have diff. customs.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 10:15 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Of course. Watch the movie, "Babies"... and even though those are actually kids being raised in different countries.. you can still see that culture plays a part.
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 10:17 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Sure, I don't think that's going away any time soon.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:25 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Yes, definitely.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:27 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Absolutely! I raise my kids similar to some friends and completely different than others.
    bugfin

Answer by bugfin at 11:00 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• YUP. im spanish baby daddy is haitian when we are at his families house 10000 rules cant wash behind there ears have to clean there butt with your hands cant use wipes cant have them without a jacket cant feeding them in the car seat cant let them sleep in the car seat pick them up when there crying be nice let them be babies blah blah blah my dads house we just let the kids run around tear up his place and leave lol BUT I DNT HAVE A PROBLEM EITHER WAY THEY GET THE SAME LOVE AND ATTENTION AND I GET SOME ALONE TIME LOL
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 5:18 AM on Jan. 10, 2011