Alright...would you...

So, my birthday is the 18th. This weekend, I'm flying to Cincinnati to stay with my friend for the weekend. My husband is not...child patient. Not that he'll hit or anything, but he will put our DD in her crib and just leave her.

He doesn't change diapers because the smell makes him sick, and he has only changed maybe 10. She's 2 now.
He doesn't cook...
But, assures me that everything will be okay. He knows that I need to get away for a weekend, and supports that I go...I'm just worried.

Would you go or cancel?

Chloesmom1126

Asked by Chloesmom1126 at 10:26 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would go. Just because he doesn't do those things when you are around does not mean that he can't do them. I know that my husband can do a lot of things that he doesn't do because I take care of them.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:27 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• cancel! or find someone to watch the child for me while i was gone. do you have anyone you can trust in the area? family, friend? have them check up on him every so often throughout the day....a stop by or a call. if it were me, it'd be a stop by, if i still went. or maybe just ask your friend to watch her during the day and then at night bring her home...or she can have a weekend sleepover or something. GL, if you figure something out, have fun!
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:28 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I guess the question you need to ask yourself is if you go will you be able to enjoy yourself or will you spend the whole time wondering and worrying? If you really don't think he can take care of things so you can go and enjoy yourself, maybe it would be best to cancel or find someone else to watch your dd.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 10:34 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I would go, he'll just have to get over his issues. He is the kids' dad and should be able to be in charge for a little while. He's their father and will handle it. Its amazing what we can do when we have to! On the other hand, whatever he does will probably not be the way you do it. For a control freak like myself that bothers me, but then I just have to realize that kids let their dads know when they don't like something. Please go on your trip, we all deserve a break!
    Megs00835

Answer by Megs00835 at 11:35 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• hey all the mcdonalds and grandma visits to change the diaper wil work its self out or when you come back her diaper will be dragging on the ground behind her and flys flying around her lol he will do fine :)
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 5:59 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• LOL thanks momma's....I'm going!
    Chloesmom1126

Comment by Chloesmom1126 (original poster) at 7:44 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I would go....and have a family member check up on him...if he gets mad, tell him if he wasnt such a baby himself you could trust him more....and then when you get back...take care of your child...but stop cooking....stop doing his laundry.....dont pick up after him....all the way down to make your side of the bed and not his for a whole week....if he gets on your case tell him to grow up....he wont change or be a good role model for your child if you allow him to get away with that
    proudmama101906

Answer by proudmama101906 at 9:52 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• definiteloy go, my hubby acts the same way...we went through a seperation though and he was the best father ever and took great care of his son
    mathenymom08

Answer by mathenymom08 at 11:52 PM on Jan. 10, 2011