Yep, never let a crisis go to waste.

Didn't take long for the gun control idiots to pounce did it? What does she possibly think it can accomplish?

One of the fiercest gun-control advocates in Congress, Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D-N.Y.), pounced on the shooting massacre in Tucson Sunday, promising to introduce legislation as soon as Monday.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0111/47338.html#ixzz1AbGdvIDa

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 10:38 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Because gun control needs to be addressed. Of course a tragedy like this is going to open the door for this discussion.

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 10:44 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Good for her. I will help.I already contribute to the Brady Center to prevent Gun Violence....remember him? James Brady? He was shot in 1981 when Ronnie Reagan was shot and is severly handicapped now. His wife and others organized the gun control organization.
    People in other civilized countries don't understand why Americans love their guns so much....why they "need" their guns.
    Now, understand that this is just my opinion and here in America, we have free speech.
    Try to allow me my opinion.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 10:45 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Having a gun to protect myself and my family is my constitutional right! Take it away from me I'll just go to the black market like everyone else will.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:47 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Drugs are illegal too. I'm sure glad we don't have a rampant drug problem in this country.
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 10:54 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• People in other civilized countries don't understand why Americans love their guns so much....why they "need" their guns.

They also don't understand why strong arm and other weapons robberies and violence are so high in their countries either.
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 10:56 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Would not pass in the House, nor would the Supreme Court let it stand.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 10:58 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• you aint gunna take away my right AMERICA land of the free my butt!!!!! free of what we cant do this we cant have that ur taking away the food i like to eat! ur not tkaing away my GUNS yes i have more then one and i will keep on geting me more!....everyone looks on the neg of guns but what about the pos of guns i hope someone breakes in her house and hurts her and her family cuz mine will be proteced with my guns!
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 10:58 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• everyone looks on the neg of guns but what about the pos of guns i hope someone breakes in her house and hurts her and her family cuz mine will be proteced with my guns!

I was just wondering if this was meant as sarcasm or are you for real.  I never met anyone who talked this way and they were being serious.  Were you joking?

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 11:01 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Sure we have a right to bear arms but we need some control on who is bearing. I understand that you can get guns from gun shows, black mkt. etc but there needs to be something done to stop these crazies from getting their hands on one. I say “Good Luck" Why do you wait until a little 9yr old gets killed before you attempt to do something?
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 11:01 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• i was for real she thinks guns are bad so let someone break into her house......break into mine and you will be shot!.....i like having my guns for protection we dont leave the house without are my hubby is a cop and he needs his to do his job and keep him safe so yes i ment what i said
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 11:04 PM on Jan. 9, 2011