Not pregnant yet but....

reading a lot of posts about labor and I am getting nervous about giving birth lol!!!! Share your stories and tell me its worth it!!! Also, what is your ideal way to give birth? (ex: home, hospital, laying, standing, etc)

NessGuinness

Asked by NessGuinness at 10:43 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• I don't know why they don't do it like in the olden days.....my grandmother (who is 90) says she was completely knocked out, and when she woke up, she had a baby, lol...........I wish I did it that way!!!

I have 3 daughters, and each birth was as painful as the first, but of course it's worth it!!! By the 3rd I got smart, and told them I was in pain (when I actually wasn't), at 4 cm dilated, just so I could be drugged up, lol......wish I knew that when I was having my first, that all I had to do was lie!!
    cfh72

Answer by cfh72 at 10:47 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• its really not that bad ive had two birhts the first one was natural and 6 hours the second one was induced with pitocin...aka the devil and was 16 hours the only pain meds i got was put into my iv im cool with a needle going in my back...lol and after both were born the pain was cut in more then half i only took a coupple pain meds and some stool softeners and i was fine.....this time i have to take insulin for my sugars and im scared that i will be induced again i dont want to nor to i want to be cut open so if i have to ill take the "devil" again but il prob be asking for demerol and phentnoyl and maybe more lol i was cut with my first and tore with my second i really didnt feel any pain down there the worst part for me was just the contractions and at that they were only really bad towards the end with my second when they uped the pitocin aka the devil!
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 10:51 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• oh and if i could choose i think i would want a home birth my first sons nurses were nice my second sons nurses were for the better word...cunts! i would if i could aford it have this baby at home...but i did learn one thing if i dont like a nurse i will def request another or i will just tell her where to go! its there job and they need to be nice
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 10:53 PM on Jan. 9, 2011