It is important to listen to people, but what if they tell you the same things over and over?

My Mom just tells me the same things and nothing changes! I listen because it is important, but my mind starts to wonder.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• i would thin about what she says and form i my own opinion and choose the best thing to do.
    strongnbrave

Answer by strongnbrave at 12:07 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Maybe what she says has truth to it.
    MandyOs

Answer by MandyOs at 10:54 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Most people I know do this lol it drives me crazy Most of the time i just change the subject
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 11:15 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I am a broken record. I'm repetitive b/c I don't know what I say to each person I talk to. If it's something she's stated over and over again...you can chime in and finish her sentence...give her YOUR insight on the subject to put it to rest. Or you can let her finish to get it out of her system and move on to the next subject.

I'd say in my case...if there's nothing going on in my life, I tend to repeat the things that ARE going on in my life even if things haven't changed...sometimes people just need to vent it out. -shrugs-
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 11:21 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Maybe she is repeating it because she wants simpathy? ... my mom does the same thing shares the same stupid story 100x about when she left my dad i was there i no what happened i just dont care about it lol she just wants everyone to feel sad for her but she was the one cheating lol
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 11:37 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Some times when people get older they tend to repeat themselves a lot, not quite sure why. I catch myself doing it, and my S/O does it and we drive each other crazy saying, " I know you told me that already." Maybe politely just say, "Yes, I know you told me that already, " if it's more than once that you've heard it.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 12:21 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• How old is your mother? My mom is 80 and she repeats things all the time, not on purpose, I am aware that her mind is not what is used to be. I know it's hard, I know I get bored more often than you think. So I do understand. She needs to be taken to the doctor to see if there is a reason why she's repeating things. There are medications out there that can help your memory. Not to mention the fact that there are medical reasons that she may be doing this.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:46 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Depending on what she is saying maybe you need to listen ?
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 5:15 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Maybe you should be honest and tell her that you've already heard this a million times. Maybe she doesn't realize that she's told you so much. I don't mean that you have to be rude to her or anything, but be honest!
    foxy420_1

Answer by foxy420_1 at 9:09 AM on Jan. 10, 2011