How long did it take to get pregnant after your miscarriage? PLEASE ANSWER...desperate for other ladies stories and experiences!!!

I had a miscarriage last week.

I am doing a lot of reading that says that there is no evidence supporting the idea that you have to wait after having a miscarriage. Everything I'm reading says there isn't an increased risk of miscarriage or pregnancy related issues.

We want to get pregnant ASAP!!! We've never had issues concieving in the past and have concieved the last two children on the first month of trying so I'm hoping that luck will continue.

SO I'm curious as to how long it took you to concieve after your miscarriage.

*Did you try right away?
*How long from the date of your miscarriage did you ovulate for the first time?
*How long were your cycles before your miscarried pregnancy?
*Did your body treat your miscarriage as your period and just ovulate at regular time (based on your previous cycles ) from there?
*Did you chart to track your ovulation or use another method? What method?

Anything else you want to tell me about TTC after a miscarriage?

Thank you!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i wish i could answer but i never had a miscarriage
    ive heard people talk about it that have experienced it and i hear them say if its meant to be you get pregnant quick
    some said dont try real hard and let nature take its course
    19angie74

Answer by 19angie74 at 11:03 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• when i had my MC i was told to wait three months by my doctor before i tired again. I didn't try right away do to fear i was having i just wasn't ready but it was shortly after that my hubby and i tried again. before my MC my cycles were 28 to 30 days. it wasn't like a period it was very heavy. When my hubby and i were ready to try again i tracked my ovulation and we tried that way and i got pregnant pretty fast after that i think it took a couple of months.

TTC when you are ready and when your doctor gives you an okay and good luck
    Justins_mommy05

Answer by Justins_mommy05 at 11:04 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• How far along were you in your pregnancy? I would honestly wait at least a month or two before trying again. Your uterus needs time to heal and repair itself that way you can have a chance of a healthy pregnancy.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:06 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• It took me 13 months of TTC once we started trying keep in mind though it took over a year for my middle child though too!

*Did you try right away? - I waited a few months to be emotionallly ready

*How long from the date of your miscarriage did you ovulate for the first time? n/a

*How long were your cycles before your miscarried pregnancy? about every 30 days

*Did your body treat your miscarriage as your period and just ovulate at regular time (based on your previous cycles ) from there? no it was more like a 50 days from miscarriage to a regular cycle...... I was 101/2 weeks so it took a bit of time for my HCG levels to go back to 0 I wasn't charting though so I don't know If I O'd or not though. But after that my cycle was back to normal with a few curve balls thrown in..... but that was normal for me.

*Did you chart to track your ovulation or use another method? What method? I charted and used OPKs

Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 11:08 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I was only 5 weeks. I'm still bleeding but we are hoping to catch the first ovulation whenever that happens.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:09 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• It's been 3 1/2 years since my miscarriage so it's a little hard to remember all of the details. I was due in the middle of July, miscarried at 7 weeks. The doctor said to wait a month before trying again, which we did. My cycles came back right away and I got pregnant on the first try after waiting a month. That baby was due in the middle of November, and is now a sweet little 3 year old girl.
    My cycles have always been pretty regular 27-30 days or so, I think my body did treat the miscarriage as a period. I was charting my temperatures online, but I haven't done so since and don't even know if the charts are still there.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 11:09 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• the first time i got pregnant i was 19, we were trying since i was 16 (we were married young and lived together on our own). we continued to try after the m/c and d&c and didn't get pregnant at all. i was charting bbt and cm, my cycles were longer after the m/c and didn't return to normal. they were 30 days before and 32-33 days after.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 11:10 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• less than a month. ha.
    bouncingsoul

Answer by bouncingsoul at 12:10 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• That's good to hear bouncingsoul!!

I'm hoping it's the Lord's will that we concieve quickly too.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:12 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• After my miscarriage at 12 weeks, the Dr said to wait for two or three periods to occur before trying again. He said that the miscarriage would essentially "restart" my periods, and they started again one month after my miscarriage.

I miscarried in April, got pregnant in July, and our first baby is due in April.

Don't neglect the mental aspects of dealing with a loss of pregnancy. I don't think either of us would have been able to try to conceive immediately after our miscarriage...
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 12:53 AM on Jan. 10, 2011