Did anyone get pregnant on the pill?

Answer this question as honestly as possible..

staciepi

Asked by staciepi at 11:02 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yes, I had moved from the shot to the pill and had been on the pill for about six months when I got pregnant with our younger daughter.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:05 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• My niece did three times. It seems her hormones are so out of whack when she goes on the pill it makes her fertile. The first one was unplanned. The next two were planned. Imagine going on the pill TO get pregnant.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:07 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• my best friends mother was when she got pregnant with her.
    mommy2be0611

Answer by mommy2be0611 at 11:09 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• yes and i was on the pill 4 weeks after i had my son and he will be two in feb and im almost 18 weeks pregnant.....i took it all the time not at the same time there was like a 2-4 hour difference and bam got prego they say there is a 1% chance of geting prego on the pill but my reason i believe i got prego on the pill was cuz i startd on the acitve pill week a coupple times my period want regular even on the pill but im happy we are having a GIRL after two boys the funny thing is the first two were planned and we wanted a girl this one wasnt plannned and we got our girl! :)
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 11:10 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• yup i was on the pill and i got sick and my doctor put me on medication that ended up canceling out my BC.
    Justins_mommy05

Answer by Justins_mommy05 at 11:10 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I got pregnant at 17 with my oldest while on the pill, my birth control had to be changed and when it did I got pregnant. Then I went on the Noraplant for the full 5 years, had it removed and got pregnant with my oldest DD, went on depo for 6 years and had to have surgery, the doctor took me off depo and put me on the pill, and bam pregnant once again, then I was breast feeding and on the mini pill and got pregnant with my last DD. Miss furtle Murtle is what they call me. I had my tubes tied and when the told me there was still a 1 and 500 chance I could still get pregnant I cried!
    hodgkinrus6

Answer by hodgkinrus6 at 11:17 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I did, damn those antibiotics!! The doctor neglected to tell me about the antibiotics cancelling out the BC. My cousin got pregnant on BC twice...ended up being allergic to birth control and had her tubes tied instead of risking it again.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:22 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• if you got pregnant on the pill did you end up getting your period? how did you know you were pregnant?
    staciepi

Comment by staciepi (original poster) at 11:25 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• My mom did twice.

The first time she was given a cough medicine by her doctor and it made her birth control inaffective. Doctor told her after she got a positive test that it can happen.

The second time she was on an antibiotic and had used back up birth control while on it but she thought she was safe once she quit taking it. But she wasn't. They said the antibiotics stay in your system for up to 10 days after you stop taking it so when she thought she was safe she wasn't, her body ovulated and she got pregnant.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 11:25 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• No but have twice with damn condoms.
    Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 11:26 PM on Jan. 9, 2011