How do you deal with Family that are very childish

How do you deal with family that are very childish? I have tried to put them out of mine and my family's life but no matter what is going on in the world its always some thing and you cant get away from them because the family you do deal with still brings them up no matter how many times you tell them you dont want anything to do with the so called family. And no matter what you do in your life for your family they think its something about them even though its in no way about them. And when you cant do anything without them running their mouth about what you do or what you want to do whether it be with your family such as go places or do things sport or other activities

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• Honestly, we have very little contact with extended family because of things like this. I don't need that drama in my life, and I don't want it in my kids' lives.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:09 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I have nothing to do with them but the family I do have something to do with always brings them up or there is always something some where saying BS
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:27 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• i thought we were related for a second i just cut off all contact with my mother and mothers side of the family simply because i cant do it anymore and i cant keep helping ppl to only hear they talkn bs and putting me down when i stopping my life to help u ppl but in the end the best is to let them help them selfs good luck :)
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 11:33 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Laughter.

Seriously... childish people make me laugh. Often right at them. Strangely, they don't want to spend a lot of time around me.

Convenient, eh?
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:37 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Thanks and that sounds a lot like what I'm going through. I say a lot of people are going though the same thing. I just wish people would keep to them selves sometimes. If you are happy good happy for you but keep my life and my happiness out of your mouth you know what I mean
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:39 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• never talk to them again.
    bouncingsoul

Answer by bouncingsoul at 12:09 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• It sounds like they need a life, instead of trying to be in yours all the time. They need to find something else to do or meet other people.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:38 AM on Jan. 10, 2011