Have you ever taken a test and had it come out positive and then take another and its negative?

I'm breastfeeding and I'm late. I took a test yesterday morning (with fmu) and it was a VERY faint positive but there was definately a line there. Well I took another one last night and it was negative, so I thought since the first one I took was with fmu and was that light than the hormones might not be strong enough... So I took another one this morning with fmu (but it had only been about 3 1/2 hours since I last peed I couldnt hold it the whole night!) and it was negative again. I'm confused. Last time I was pregnant I had night sickness, and last night I was really nauseous, even running to the toilet once thinking I was going to hurl! I don't know if it was just some kind of stomach bug or what. Should I just assume that it was an evaporation line? Or assume that it was positive? I don't have insurance right now so I would like to wait a little while longer before running to the dr

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• Did the line come up in the regular time frame or after? I've heard of getting more false positives with blue dye tests also. I always get a digital test just to be sure!
    lilmissJ

Answer by lilmissJ at 12:16 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Yea the line came up within the time frame and it wasn't a blue dye test... it was one of the dollar store tests.
    Anonymous

• I would go get a digital test just to be sure. Evaps don't pop up within the time frame and they are colorless...like a grey color.
    lilmissJ

Answer by lilmissJ at 2:08 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• no, not me but maybe you.
    __baovang

Answer by __baovang at 11:46 AM on Nov. 14, 2008