Curls to stay curled

I curl my hair with a curling iron but within an hour or two my hair is straight again. I use hairspray. Is there something I am doing wrong or different to keep my curls?

vjoaquin

Asked by vjoaquin at 11:38 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I have the same probem it seems to help if I spary each section with hairspray right before I curl it.
    hotrodlassie

Answer by hotrodlassie at 11:39 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Yea I have tried that but they still end up coming out :(
    vjoaquin

Comment by vjoaquin (original poster) at 11:42 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• All I can tell you is to follow hotrodlassie's advice, but spray, spray and spray some more! Sexy makes a really hard hold hairspray called Spray and Stay Intense Hold Hairspray. It's the heaviest I have found.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:42 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Some peoples hair is just not meant to curl. I am one of them. The longer the hair is the more it gets pulled down by the weight of the hair. Hot rollers are the onmly thing I've found that stays curled for several hours..4 max.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:46 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• sallys beauty supply house, they have an amazing selection of professional grade products.... for sale to the general public for very reasonably priced... go there and get a styling putty, follow its directions, its either before or after flow dry run it through your hair, get a setting spray and spray each section before you curl then follow up with a strong aresol hairspray
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 11:47 PM on Jan. 9, 2011