How many of you had threatened miscarriages, high risk pregnancies then wound up having a perfectly healthy baby?

How many of you had threatened miscarriages, high risk pregnancies then wound up having a perfectly healthy baby. Anyone have a very stressful pregnancy with bleeding and limitations and then wind up having a baby? I thought a few times mine was going to be hit or miss and its been an emotional roller coaster. So I tend to freak out over everything now and worry that my baby will be ok, I'm half ways through just preying all will go well from here on out.

babydoll845

Asked by babydoll845 at 11:51 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had "threatened miscarriage" with my son where I had period like bleeding at 4 weeks. I was also considered high risk because of my blood pressure.

My son was born perfectly healthy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• With my first child they were really concerned over my weight gain.I actually only gained 9 pounds throughout my whole pregnancy.They considered me to be very high risk and seen me 3 times a month and I had 8 ultrasounds the entire time.Turns out he was perfectly fine when he was born weighing a very healthy 6 pounds evenand was even almost 22 inches long.They had me scared to death the entire time though!
    barndogsgrl

Answer by barndogsgrl at 12:17 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I was told at 24 that i would never carry a baby full term...not something anyone wants to hear. lol but i now have a very healthy son who is almost five months old. I was high risk throughout my whole pregnancy, i had a double cerclage and was on many restrictions. i had ultrasounds every 2 weeks starting at 6 weeks along. couldnt lift more then 10 lbs (which i lost my job because of) no stair climbing... i was pretty much on bed rest lol. but i couldn't be happier. just be sure to listen to your body. you know you better then anyone else. bleeding can be normal, its always better to be safe then sorry, so if something just doesnt feel right to YOU talk to you doctor. i hope all goes well.
    MeganS1985

Answer by MeganS1985 at 5:12 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I was in the hospital with a threatened miscarriage with my first child when I was 8 weeks pregnant. They had to give me a bunch of iv's and medicines, and I was put on bed rest from then on. I had a bunch of bleeding, dizziness and a HORRIBLE pregnancy after that. I was so scared cause I thought i'd lose my baby. I ended up going 40 1/2 weeks pregnant, and then got induced and had a perfectly healthy baby girl, she didn't have one problem with her. :) I am currently 20 weeks pregnant again with my second child and have had bleeding from 3 weeks on, and heavy clotting, very bad pains, and put on bed rest already due to having pre-term labor signs/symptoms, thought I was going to lose this baby, but she is healthy and they monitor her closely. Just try and stay positive and relax, I know it's easier said then done, but it's the best thing you can do :)
    PrdWifeNMom07

Answer by PrdWifeNMom07 at 10:46 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• My 1st was a normal pregnancy and With my 2nd I developed toxemia at 28 weeks she should have been born then but my ob made me wait til my water broke at 37 weeks and during labor I ended up having 2 strokes She is now a healthy 5 y/o was told by this same dr to never get pregnant again as it could kill me I disobeyed and got pregnant again 4 years later I had a normal healthy pregnancy my L&D was 5 mins long but ended up bleeding so much I had an emergency hysterectomy 45 mins after my baby was born
    angelluvgoddess

Answer by angelluvgoddess at 5:44 PM on Jan. 10, 2011