I'm looking to buy a mattress....

I am trying to find a good queen size mattress. My husband and I are always waking up with back pain. We tried buying a memory foam mattress topper to help, but the mattress topper would become too hot in the summer.
So, what mattress do you have and is it comfortable?

JessicaB86

Asked by JessicaB86 at 12:01 AM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I have a latex mattress and I love love love it. No springs, no pressure points, perfect support, and it stays cool, plus it actually kills bacteria. They are expensive, but can last 30 years.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:03 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• We are getting a new mattress next month and I can't wait! We will be buying a Serta mattress from Sam's Club. Goodbye back pain!

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:05 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• we have the actual temperpedic queen size mattress. Its not to hot in the summer we love it. its been great for my pregnancy to lol.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 12:08 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• My sister and her husband have one of those mattresses to where each person can set it as firm or as soft as you like. They like it. It might be worth it since both of you have back pain. That way, it can be adjusted to suit both of you.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:14 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Amessageofhope I think you are talking about a sleep number bed. I wish I had the money to afford one of those. We're on a budget, but I might grit my teeth when tax returns come and buy one of those latex mattresses JulieJacobKyle was talking about.
    JessicaB86

Comment by JessicaB86 (original poster) at 12:23 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• We have a pillowtop and love it but we are looking to get a new mattress coming up soon also expanding from a full to king or queen. We have looked at the sleep number bed but as you say they are expensive
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:40 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• OP, if you do shop for a latex mattress, make sure you're looking at ones that also use latex as the padding in the top. Some of the companies cheap out and use memory foam instead of latex foam for the topper, which breaks down faster than the latex. Ours is a Vera Wang "Beyond Radiance" one that's made by Serta. I don't know if they still make that model. We got the plush one (medium support) and it's incredibly comfortable.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:54 AM on Jan. 10, 2011