what age were your BOYS potty trained?

ok, so we have tried several times to introduce the idea of potty training into our twin boys daily routine. have tried the 3 day method also..didnt work for us. i know they are ready. they will bring me diaper and lay on floor when wet or dirty sometimes. watch us go potty and just laugh then want to flush. but as soon as i put on the undies they either pee through them crying as it goes down leg or takes them down and pees on my walls. i sit them on potty during set schedule, once every 1 1/2 hrs. they just sit there until they start fussing, get up, walk into living room and pee on my floor. im feeling so discouraged b/c i feel like im doing everything others have told me and its not working w/ them. now im starting to get questions about "why they are not trained yet" which i know is none of their business but it still makes me feel like a failure.

hammes_cj

Asked by hammes_cj at 9:54 AM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son was by the time he was 2.
    connorsmommy615

Answer by connorsmommy615 at 10:11 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• 1st born was potty trained at 2 yrs and 9 months. (he potty-trained himself) becuase i had no idea at the time what i was doing?

2nd son was potty trained at 3 yrs and 3 months. just didn't want to go to the restroom.

3rd son right at 3 yrs old.
    6lilprinces

Answer by 6lilprinces at 11:34 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• My son was 23 months and we used the 3 day method successfully.

Have you thought to try training one child and then the other?
    Andrewsmom70

Answer by Andrewsmom70 at 1:00 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Mine is 3yrs 3 months and I am having the same problem. He likes to flush the toilet, practically changes himself, but wont go in the toilet. He will sit there forever and get down and pee on the floor like yours. It is frustrating. He knows where he is supposed to go but he still wont do it.
    duganhorse

Answer by duganhorse at 12:22 AM on Dec. 17, 2009