One test- positive 2-negative... whats going on??

I'm breastfeeding and I'm late. I took a test yesterday morning (with fmu) and it was a VERY faint positive but there was definately a line there. Well I took another one last night and it was negative, so I thought since the first one I took was with fmu and was that light than the hormones might not be strong enough... So I took another one this morning with fmu (but it had only been about 3 1/2 hours since I last peed I couldnt hold it the whole night!) and it was negative again. I'm confused. Last time I was pregnant I had night sickness, and last night I was really nauseous, even running to the toilet once thinking I was going to hurl! I don't know if it was just some kind of stomach bug or what. Should I just assume that it was an evaporation line? Or assume that it was positive? I don't have insurance right now so I would like to wait a little while longer before running to the dr

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Hard to say without a blood test. I would wait a couple more days, at least a solid 48 hours, and then test again with fmu. Last month I had a light positive, but then two negatives and wound up getting my period. There's always the chance of it having been a chemical pregnancy (too early to even call it a miscarriage). . . good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• A positive is a positive. I would take one in the middle of the night if you are getting up to pee a couple hours before you get up. How long have you had your period? I breastfed and I had 2 periods before I was pregnant again (planned).
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 10:57 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I've had a period every month since I gave birth. I wasn't one of the lucky ones that got a break from AF while breastfeeding haha
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• There is no such thing a false positive. You may consider waiting a couple of days and have a blood test done to be absolutely sure. Best of luck!
    livewell4me

Answer by livewell4me at 1:00 PM on Nov. 12, 2008