What's your weight loss story?

What were your goals and how did you achieve it? What do you think was the most important thing you learned?

I am currently 5'5" at 187lbs (mostly in my tummy lol) and would like to be at 130lbs.

vjoaquin

Asked by vjoaquin at 12:29 AM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I'm still in the middle of mine. I've lost 40 of the 100+ lbs I'm working toward so far. I'm eating clean (I have a journal that describes what that is) and I've gone back to running, cycling and hitting the gym. I feel FANTASTIC! I've got a long way to go still, but knowing I've been able to get this far is HUGE! I started out at 261, and I'm at 222 as of Friday. My initial goal is 160, and I figure I will re-evaluate my goal when I get there. It's a slow process, and you WILL lose steam along the way. The hardest part is pushing through that. Is crappy food, or too much food, worth shattering your goals? Will you let one bad decision completely derail you, or will you shrug your shoulders, learn from it, and get back on the horse? Feel free to PM me if you like! Good luck with your goal!! You can do it!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:33 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Hmm, my weight loss story.Oh,yeah,I have'nt lost any weight. :) But yes I am right there with you it mostly all goes right into my tummy to and WOULD like to lose weight.
    Ananomys

Answer by Ananomys at 12:38 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I started on 12/4/09 at 5'1", 167 lbs and a size 12. I changed my diet a bit, began working out 6 days per week, drink close to a gallon of water per day, count my calories, weigh out my food and in 9 months managed to hit my goal weight and clothing size.
    110 lbs and a size 0.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 9:42 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I lost 80lbs, I gained 100lbs, I lost 75lbs, I gained 65lbs, I lost 65lbs.......and so on....One of these days, there'll be no "gain" chapter ;)
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 11:40 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• i think that eating healthy is a great place to start... you can exercise all you want but if you don't change what's goin in... you will always be fighting it... that's how i look at it at least... we removed any "unhealthy" treats and snacks from our house, and now they are a treat when we decide to splurge (which is something else, you need to have a reward)... if i work out 3 times a week i will allow my self an unhealthy snack or treat on the weekend with my kids, which really helps ... sounds silly, childish... but sometimes chocolate talks! lol!
    asil

Answer by asil at 2:22 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I lost 15 lbs just by eating healthy, doing yoga, walking, and letting go of stress and anger.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 3:50 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I lost 15 pounds on weight watchers
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 4:43 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• How much does WW cost? Do you have to do meetings or online?
    vjoaquin

Comment by vjoaquin (original poster) at 7:32 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I am still working on mine. I just watch what I eat and jog.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 7:40 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I don't need to lose A LOT of weight, like 10 lbs, I just need to tone up alot.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:08 AM on Jan. 11, 2011