My newborn daughter failed her left ear ABR screening in hospital. We need to go for re-screen in 3 weeks time. And im so worried she seldom react to any sound clapping or bang doors.. But if she was half asleep if there things drop she would blink her eyes only... Went for checkup at polyclinic for jaundice and e doctor test her using bell & she said my daughter have reaction.... So now im so worried & confused! Can she hear or not :((??

Cheezel

Asked by Cheezel at 12:37 AM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My youngest failed the ABR in one ear. They said it happens a lot that sometimes there is still fluid in the ear and that effects the hearing screening. He said 90% of the babies that are restested pass with flying colors. Don't worry until you have the second test. Worrying will do nothing but cause you stress and anxiety.

Big hugs.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:57 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Yay - SleepingBeautee gave you some good news! I hope the second test goes well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• My 1st failed both ears I thought nothing of it and than she went back and failed again and determined deaf in both ears :( my 2cd failed her left ear and was reteseted the same day a few hours later they said it could be water and to lay her on her left side and she was on her left side the entire time intill they came and got her and retested her and than she passed so you never no you just have to wait and see but lay her on that ear side so if there is water it can come out and i wish you the best of luck either way im sure she is going to be okay :)
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 4:13 AM on Jan. 10, 2011