How do YOU get through the slumps?

For those who have successfully lost weight, I know we all lose steam along the way. What helps you get through those times and press on? I just got through a big one (I know the holidays didn't help), but I feel like I'm more diligent now that I worked through it.
Tell me your success stories!

musicpisces

Asked by musicpisces at 12:37 AM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• What helps me if remembering how good I feel when I am at a light weight and how good working out makes me feel!

Answer by older at 8:28 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• To a certain extent, I just go with it. I have learned to recognize that there are times when I'm in a slump because my body is telling me it needs a break after hard exercising religiously 5 -6 days a week for 4 months. I ride it out and then just FORCE myself to get back in the saddle, difficult though it may be. Just do it. Yes, I am stealing Nike's catchphrase, but it applies here. I just make myself exercise and know that I'll get back in the swing of things, using the old fake it til you make it principle.

If it's any consolation, I've been in a slump lately too and have gained a couple of pounds. I've had this crappy lingering cold that just will not completely go away and every time I try to exercise, my nose runs uncontrollably and I can't get the zest in my body that I'm used to. I've been struggling with some guilt about it because it's been 2 weeks, but I'm trying to cut myself some slack.

vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:19 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I just keep remembering my goal!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:55 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I just do the best I can and keep reciting my mantra: "And this plateau, too, shall pass" =)
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 11:39 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• i find it easy to keep track of my goals and my progress,... and to have someone to work out with... usually if i'm not motivated my partner is... so he'll drag me in... and vice versa...
    asil

Answer by asil at 2:20 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I honestly have never been on any big weight loss journey before, but I would just set small goals for myself and reward myself for meeting them, also find people to be accountable to and to encourage me.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 3:49 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• looking at the big picture
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 4:42 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Looking at the clothes I want to wear or old pictures of me.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 7:39 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Small motivators and goals along the way is a good idea.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 11:16 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• i like that cleanaturalady... small goals are easer to achieve, and when i can actually acieve something it motivates me to work toward my next goal...
    asil

Answer by asil at 2:32 PM on Jan. 11, 2011