How much per day?

I am working on weaning my 1 year old and realized that I don't know how much cow's milk is recommended daily. Does anyone know? I have so far just been giving her 4oz with her lunch and she drinks anywhere from 2oz to all of it but still nurses normally. I am trying to get her 100% weaned by the 13 month mark (her birthday was today ;)) so any suggestions on that would be appreciated, too.

rhianna1708

Asked by rhianna1708 at 12:46 AM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• if i remember right my dr said 3 6 oz cups of milk a day is pretty average. id say just give her a cup of milk at each meal. i let my 20month old have a sippy cup when ever he wants it. he usually has one sitting around all day it doesnt always have milk in it usually he gets milk with each meal and water the rest of the day and a cup of juice once a day with snack time. the more cows milk you offer she will take to it quicker its just new to her.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 1:09 AM on Jan. 10, 2011