is this normal infant hair loss

my son is 5 months old and i noticed that his hair is thinning out alot. When he was born he didnt have a head full of hair but had more ten he has now.I know the half ring of hair goes bald because of babies laying down on their back for along time, but my son's hair has thinned out al over and is concerned.

strongnbrave

Asked by strongnbrave at 12:48 AM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That is normal. Most babies lose the hair they have when they are born. New hair grows in eventually, but he may have that bald spot for a while. We joke that my oldest son had male pattern baldness at 4 weeks. He was completely bald on the top of his head. It grew in, but took some time.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:01 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• My daughter was born with a head full of hair and when she was around 5-7 months she lost most of it lol
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 4:09 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• my 6 week old was born with full head of hair, she now has her father receading hair line! lol. its normal!
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 6:59 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Very normal. My son was born with brown hair. It thinned out and came in blond.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:16 PM on Jan. 10, 2011