pocs

anyone suffer from poly ovary cystic syndrome? And become pregnant with it? I have heard the syndrome makes you not produce enough pergesterone which causes you to miscarry your suppose to get shots forf it im 9 weeks and afraid i may be to late getting into the doctor??

Destins_Mommy

Asked by Destins_Mommy at 1:07 AM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Its PCOS, and it shouldnt make you miscarry. Although I know some women who are taking medications such as metformin are recommended to keep taking it through the first trimester to help keep the baby. I would just call your doctor and speak with a nurse or someone..they would know better than anyone on here would. Good luck!
    Brandi2206

Answer by Brandi2206 at 1:10 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• i dont have it but my good friend does and shes never had any issues carring a baby fullterm. Id get in to see your ob as soon as you can let them know when you call for a apt about your pocs.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 1:11 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• my sister had it. had over a dozen miscarriages (always in the fist 1-2 weeks), then they gave her metformin and she got pg. had a beautiful baby! I'd say your far enough along though not to worry. but talk to your doctor about your concern. I'm sure you're fine though, enjoy your pregnancy!
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 1:16 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• It's PCOS not POCS.

My step mom has it and DID become pregnant twice. The first time she DID miscarry because of a lack of progestrone which CAN be an issue in women with PCOS.

With her second baby she took progestrone pills and carried the baby to term. She's a perfectly healthy baby girl.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Jan. 10, 2011