What are some super simple recipes forme to make?

1 and 2 year olds will be eating them.

Mrs.Roozen

Asked by Mrs.Roozen at 1:16 AM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Food & Drink

• The more you expose them to now, the less picky they'll be later :)

I feed mine all sorts of foods.

Are you looking for every day recipes or something special? Main dishes, sides, snacks?
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 1:28 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I have an 18 month old and he eats everything. He likes any & all fresh fruit, Jello, spaghetti with cheesy garlic bread, any pasta really, he likes veggie & meat soup, corn dogs, french fries, mashed potatos. I don't really know what kind 2 give you. I'm with AAAMama on the more info. What's the occasion or is there one?
    amy197

Answer by amy197 at 1:45 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• No special occasion...I'm just a horrible cook and have 2 picky eaters
    Mrs.Roozen

Comment by Mrs.Roozen (original poster) at 1:49 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Simple and easy dinner that all 3 of my kids love? 1 lb hamburger, 1/4 c. rice, 1 can of Campbell's French Onion soup and a can on French's Fried Onions. Brown the hamburger, in a casserole dish mix hamburger, rice and soup. Bake for 45 min until rice is cooked and top with onions and bake for 7 more min. Simple and they all love it. I have TONS of cheap EASY recipes. Let me know if you need anymore, but I do agree with the other posters, introduce LOTS of different foods and don't give them a choice. That way they become picky and don't want to eat what your serving.
    thomasfam14

Answer by thomasfam14 at 2:01 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Start them off on healthy eating now. Stay away from processed foods if you can. it's just as cheap and easy to cook with fresh ingredients. One of our favorite meals is turkey chili. It goes in the crock pot very well too. In the morning, brown 1 lb or so of ground turkey. Once the turkey is fully cooked, put it in the crock pot. Add in 2 cans of lower sodium kidney beans, 1 can of no salt added diced tomatoes, 1/2 cup of chicken stock, 1 packet of lower sodium chili seasoning, 1 chopped green bell pepper, and 1/2 chopped onion. Turn it on low, put the lid on, and let it cook all day, 6-8 hours. When you get ready to eat, make some quick easy cornbread. You just mix 1 cup cornmeal, 1 cup flour, 1/4 cup sugar, 2 tsp baking powder, 1 cup milk, 1/4 cup oil, and 1 egg. Mix it all up really good. Spray a 9" square baking dish with cooking spray. Pour the batter into the dish. Bake at 400 for about 20-25 minutes. its so yummy!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:43 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I have a ton of recipes that are tasty, simple, healthy, family and budget friendly; send me a message if you would like some.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:39 PM on Jan. 10, 2011