Gender disappointment?

Has anyone really wanted one sex and got the other? How did it feel? Were you upset, or did you get over it quickly? Did you wait till the birth to find out, and then were upset about it??? We are waiting but the thought of me having another girl scares the living dog crap outta me... I really want a boy and am worried I will be bitter about it, even though I don't want to be.... Any stories would be helpful, thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Well when I first found out I was pregnant I wanted a girl so bad and so did the whole family because girls are far and few between in my family. I found out that I was having a boy at my 20 week ultrasound. I was alittle down but I knew it wasn't my decision because as females we are neutral. Now that I am 31weeks I have been thankful everyday for just being able to have a baby and I know God chose me to be my son's mother for a reason. I wouldn't change anything about him. I was alittle disappointed for like a week after finding out but I soon got over it as he is my son and there is always a chance I could have a girl some other time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• How could you be bitter about the birth of a child?! As long as the child is healthy that is all that should matter! Of course everyone would like to have a certain sex especially if they already have one of the other or whatever the case be, but as long as the baby is healthy who cares!
    Cadens_Mommy118

Answer by Cadens_Mommy118 at 9:40 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• This is not an answer to ur question. If you are carrying high, it probably is a boy and usually if its a girl, u carry low. I did and so did my friends and family. Girls make ur hips wide and ur butt bigger, thats how I was and friends too,lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I really wanted a girl but when I found out I was having a boy I was just happy to know so I could start shopping and paint the nursery. lol
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 9:48 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• With my second child, I confess we were both hoping for a little girl, (my first child is a beautiful little boy) and initially of course, we were both . . . not disappointed, because he was healthy and perfect, but we felt a twinge of "if this is our last child, we'll never have our little girl". . . that most definitely passed, and quickly. Because once you know what's in there, all you begin to imagine is your son. . . and that is a lovely thing. We're trying now for our third child, after eight years between our last, and honestly, I just want to conceive, and carry to term. If I have a third son I will simply be grateful. You'll see. Don't be afraid!!!
    Jennifina

Answer by Jennifina at 9:53 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Okay a little more depth to the story, my daughter (I hate to say it, is a nightmare!) my son, absolute joy... I love them both equally, but my daughter literally makes me lose my mind, hence the idea of another girl really bothering me :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Well I have 3 boys and hoped all 3 times it was a girl. Going in and hearing "well its a boy" and not a girl...Didn't change anything, still put a smile on my face. After 3 boys I wouldn/t know what to do if I ever had a girl...
    datssumsheet

Answer by datssumsheet at 10:00 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I haven't. But a friend just had their 3 baby... supposed to be their last. This is the third girl and they really wanted a boy. They waited for birth to know the gender. I think the dad was a little disappointed, but a healthy baby and mom is the perfect end result. I think they decided to try one more time.
    I have been told that if you have 2 of the same gender it raises the chance that #3 will be the same gender by about 20%. After that is goes back to 50/50. I do know people that have had 2 girls and then had a boy though. :)
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 10:03 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• My first pregnancy I wanted a boy. Got a girl..I told my self,I am going to have more babies so I wasn't that upset. My second pregnancy I miscarried at 4,5 months.It was a boy. I was vary upset..Third pregnancy,I had another girl..After that I gave up trying..I wanted a boy really bad, never got one..I couldn't handle the idea of trying again and having 3 girls so I went and got a tubal,got sniped.

Answer by louise2 at 10:03 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I REALLY despise when people go on and on about how badly they want one gender...because then they look like an ass when they have the opposite gender and theneveryone knows that you are disappointed by what you are having. I had a co-worker actually cry when she found out she was having another girl and say she was going to abort. thankfully she didnt....but when she found out i was having a boy, she hung up on me and quit her job because she was jealous. i honestly did not care what i had with my first...so i was pleased either way. i think you should just be excited for whatever you are having, regardless...not matter how much you WANT a boy or a girl, it doesnt guarentee which you will get....just be blessed with the baby you get and that it is healthy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Nov. 12, 2008