what would you do if you were being bullied by your doctors staff?

I've thought about going elsewhere but most don't take my insurance.We go a long way I've had a bad time and they saw it and now hold grudges against me.They blurt out personal information I've said on the phone a different time and then when I'm at the office they say what I've said and I know they are trying to intimidate me and try to get rid of me because I cause them to do more work because I have some very complicated issues right now that have needed more doctors attention the problem is the doctors can't help me they can only help me with problems I don't have.Like I have low blood sugar but my glucose tests say my sugar is high but not high enough to be diabetic,I blame my high blood pressure medicine for causing my blood sugar to go up and there's proof to it but they don't believe me so now all the doctors are concerned about me thinking I'm crazy when I have a genniune problem that deserves medical treatment but they don't have the knowledge in this field so they just write me off and say I have a high blood sugar problem instead of looking more into it.I went to a endocrinologist and they couldn't help me when I was going thru a really bad bad low blood sugar problem.I plan to leave this doctors office soon because I can't take the abuse but I'm going tomorrow for something important so I have to go any words of advice or wisdom you can give me to cheer me up,I'm pretty depressed right now,thanks.

countingsparows

Asked by countingsparows at 1:37 AM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I'm sorry you are having a hard time. I'm sorry you have health issues and the staff is unprofessional to downright mean. But there comes a time where you have to trust what your Doctor tells you too. Your doctor can also refer you to another doctor that knows more about certain issues, most insurances allow you to go other places with a formal referral.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 1:41 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• . If you feel the staff is being unprofessional call them out on in the moment they are doing it. Then, once you get in with the doc call all this to their attention, also talk to the office manager. You need to speak to who ever owns the practice about this.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:50 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I believe my blood sugar is high I can feel it,the blood pressure medicines are causing it to get raised up--so why then am I having low blood sugar symptoms?Today I was so weak in my legs,shaking and sweating this means it's especially low,this was caused by something I'd rather not say but it has nothing to do with what I'm talking about.The doctor called me crazy to my face and said I wasn't having low blood sugar that my blood sugar is high.This paticular high blood pressure medicine raises blood sugar and masks low blood sugar in diabetics--so it does mess with blood sugar but I'm not a diabetic but the facts are there it does do that.I got off of it for a couple of days and then found out I was addicted to it and felt weak and lathargic without it.I got off of it because I don't want diabetes but I rather now stay on it if it's going to raise my blood sugar and give me energy during the day.
    countingsparows

Comment by countingsparows (original poster) at 1:58 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• They'll just act like nothing is wrong ,they are smart allik bitches,I suspect they hate their jobs or fume about it like we all do about our jobs I'm a pain in the butt I have alot of issues that aren't getting addressed and they know it and the doctors can't help me so I'm screwde no matter what I do even if I change doctors there's a chance I'll be mistreated there.The last time I went to the doctor my husband couldn't open his car door,that was evidence that they really despise me.
    countingsparows

Comment by countingsparows (original poster) at 2:12 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Do you have a Glucose Monitor? If not you need to get one and start recording everything so that you will have a record to show the Doctor when ever you go. I have problems with low blood sugar myself so I went and got a One Touch Ultra Mini that I can take any where.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 2:36 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• My blood pressure medicines mask signs of low blood sugar so it's useless,I tried to get off the drug that is raising my blood sugar but that's stupid I'd rather have diabetes than be a zombie,when I take my blood pressure medicine I have energy like if I ate something.One of these days I'm gonna get off most of them the one that raises and get my sugar checked again I'm sure it won't say high.
    countingsparows

Comment by countingsparows (original poster) at 3:25 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• The last time WE WENT TO THE DOCTOR THEY HAD A BIG TRUCK WAITING AT THE ENTRANCE,to intimidate us,then when I tried to make another appointment,some guys made a bunch of noise by us and the receptionists acted likethey didn't know what was going on .I think as soon as I get my check up I'm going somewhere else I don't like dealing with so many people anyways and it's a new year and a new me so I'm going to go somewhere where I get the care that I need.
    countingsparows

Comment by countingsparows (original poster) at 3:31 AM on Jan. 10, 2011