Do you craft with your kids or is it just your hobby?

Is this something you get away to do...something for yourself or do you share your experience and joy of crafting with your kids?

I share my love of photography with the kids, but I try to do it without them around. Though, crocheting, I can show them how to hold the needle and give them ideas so they can create things to send to friends and family.

Imortlmommy

Asked by Imortlmommy at 1:58 AM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• My hobby is digital scrapbooking and card making. I have shared my love of both with my kids, my 2 youngest sons, but I prefer to do it by myself. It really is my therapy. I encourage them to do theirs themselves as well. When I help them I feel like I'm doing most of the work and I want them to be able to come up with their own ideas and get to experience the pride in a job well done on their own! I also love digital photography and they share my love for that as well. They each have their own camera and use them quite often (they are 9 and 14 yrs old).
    kc71595

Answer by kc71595 at 2:04 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I have recently taken up scrapbooking that I do by myself, and I also have made a couple blankets for family babies also by myself. By my son(3) and I paint and draw. As well as cut out shapes to past on our drawings. He really ins't into "messy" crafts so most of what we do is pretty clean(which is fine with me).
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 2:09 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• not necessary what I am making, but the kids definitely are creative and have a cupboard of drawing, beading, fabric, wool, and "stuff" they love getting into. I design for the craft industry and love seeing that side in my kids. If they want to paint they can, if they want to bead they can, if they want to knit they... sort-of-can
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 3:59 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• no
    aida1212

Answer by aida1212 at 1:32 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I love scrapbooking, and mostly try to do it when my daughter is in bed...but sometimes I'll do a page or two when she's awak, and give her her own page/stickers/markers/etc. to work on (she's 2)
    TiffanieJohnson

Answer by TiffanieJohnson at 2:32 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I do both. I love to get by myself and do scrapbooking, photography, quilting....but I also like to show the kids how to do some of it and see what they can come up with.
    buffyg

Answer by buffyg at 11:01 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Right now I make jewelry and diaper cakes. I also can sew and crochet, but I don't do those often. For the most part, my LO is too small to craft with, but I have made a few items for him.
    Tuzyae

Answer by Tuzyae at 5:49 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Well, when it comes to some hobbies...i get my kids inolved. When I am scrapbooking, I do that by myself, but believe it or not, when I'm decorating cakes, I have my boys help out. I'm think I'm trying to teach them not to be afaraid to do anything in the kitchen. But about once a month, we all sit down on the back porch and paint (I'm always needing new artwork forthe house!!).
    9tigger

Answer by 9tigger at 11:51 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I have tried, but they are not interested.
    diandfi

Answer by diandfi at 1:30 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• We just do painting
    1911

Answer by 1911 at 1:21 PM on Jan. 15, 2011