Do pets count as your kids?

Are your pets your babies? Do they sleep in your bed, on the couch? Do they eat under the table or have their own seat at the table?

Imortlmommy

Asked by Imortlmommy at 2:02 AM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Pets

• lol We only have 3 cats and yes they sleep on the couch/chair/bed, whichever one we aren't in at the moment. They are fed off the table, but get treats all the time. we just got home from a long (4 days) trip and they were going crazy, tipped over their food, got into the cupboard and took out cereal. And our kitten is meowing for our child in his room waiting for him to come home(he is at grandmas).

So yeah they are just like kids, and just as much trouble lol Even our 3 legged one...i think she is the most trouble lol
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 2:07 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• i have 3 dogs...they all sleep with me in my bed..they all sleep on the couch during the day..they can go wherever they please!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:13 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• our cat sit on floor when we eat the dog is out side on her chair and her dinner
    they do not sleep with any of us but they are family but not my kids
    must be my hubby side of the family they look like them lol
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 2:36 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• i have one cat and I love her to pieces but not as much as my kids, that's impossible. She has her own area of the house because I don't want my toddler to get scratched. She doesn't eat anywhere close to our table. She is treated her well though. She's brushed often, bathed(this helps with hairballs), given spring water to drink and one of the best foods on the market. She loves us to pieces too. SHe was abandoned by her mother at 4 weeks and I took her in from outside. I had to give her formula in a bottle for several weeks every 2 hours around the clock just like a newborn. She almost died on me. Now she knows I saved her life twice and she trusts me more than anyone.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:32 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• My cat definitely counts as one of our kids. She sleeps in our bed, under the covers. lol No spot at the table, but she does have her own little corner of the kitchen for her food and water. And her toys are all over the house and she is CONSTANTLY on the furniture. Yep, she's a kid! lol
    JessiFaye

Answer by JessiFaye at 11:15 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• hmmm well I have 4 kids and would sacrifice my animal for one of them if I had to.. that said my cats and puppy are such an important part of our life, they are most definitely family members.
    However - a couple of years ago I was talking with my SIL ( has no children and does not want them) about her recent move and she told me her dog had jumped out of the car and was missing overnight (found and handed to RSPCA next day)- I remember her saying "it is just like losing your child" and I thought - "NOOOO it is not., it is sad and heart breaking and distressing but not like losing an actual child, not even close"
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 3:38 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• My Boston terrier sleeps with me, finds his way on to the couch or kitchen chairs.. I love him deeply, but my children are my children
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 3:43 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• i have 1 nephew he is 2 in november he is a shit-sue lol so yes they do
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 6:04 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Yes! I love all my small animals very much, but my puppy...the love i felt when i met him for the first time was massive and unconditional. I love him as much as one of my kids! He does end up sleeping with me and my husband sometimes, but as he's a puppy thats not really something i want to encourage...but he smells so lovely and is so cuddly, warm and gorgeous at night!
    little.knickers

Answer by little.knickers at 8:22 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• They are very much apart of my family however they do not eat at or under the table.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 12:56 PM on Jan. 10, 2011