Is it ok to feed a 8 month old baby Kahlua Creme Pie?

Totally stupid question I know but a distant friend of mine just posted a pic of her feeding her 8 month old baby a big bite of Kahlua Creme pie. And right underneath the pic, she wrote "eating Kahlua creme pie. YumYumYum!" Am I crazy or is that just wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:25 AM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• sure why not....then have the baby wash it down with some rat poison or cyanide....sometimes people don't think....Im not judgemental by any means nor a perfect parent....but knowingly giving a baby something with alcohol in it isn't the brightest idea
    proudmama101906

Answer by proudmama101906 at 3:08 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I just looked up the recipe. It's not cooked, just chilled. Meaning alcohol was STILL in it. So probably not a good idea.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 2:53 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• It doesn't seem like a wise choice from any perspective. A child that young doesn't need to start developing a taste for things like that. I think so many kids are picky eaters because they've been exposed to highly processed foods at a young age. Of course, in this case, my biggest concern is that the pie would contain alcohol. Did she follow it with a beer chaser?

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 10:10 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I think that at 8 months the baby should be fine eating the pie, but in my opinon i would not give pie to my 8 month old
    NavyMommy0910

Answer by NavyMommy0910 at 2:29 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• You are not crazy at all...that is so wrong. She sounds a bit immature in my opinion.
    sunnymommy122

Answer by sunnymommy122 at 4:07 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• wrong it like baby shot of boozies this keep the baby up or sleep through the night but no one should do this
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 2:28 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Even with the alcohol, it would be fine? That was my concern. its normally 1/4 cup or more of kahlua in the pie. But I agree with NavyMommy I wouldn't be feeding pie to a 8 month old either way.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:32 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• was the pie cooked?
    adelinasmommy

Answer by adelinasmommy at 2:50 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• well obviously no! but you know what if it was a taste and it was a one-off and the kid eats pureed carrots all other times, then it doesn't make her a bad parent. A little off in the 'wise-choice' area, but not terrible
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 3:45 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• PS, when my Mum was a babe, mothers used to routinely dip soothers in whiskey to soothe sore gums or to help babies sleep, as in 2 or 3 dips an hr!!
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 3:46 AM on Jan. 10, 2011