Not a

So I went back to school last semester in a rad tech college. There is this girl who is like a leech. She follows me every where. I've caught her in sooo many lies! She talks behind everyones back in front of me but the number one thing is she over talks me! I'll be talking about something and she over powers the conversation with talking about her experience during a similar sitation which I just think they could be lies anyways after all the lies she tells. She is in every single class I have. Everyone I am friends with seem to avoid her and I'm left with her. I want rid of her, buri also have a heart. She told me once she has no friends, and is 29 years old... Now I'm seeing why. I'm not going to college to make friends and I need to know a civilized way of letting her know I do not want to be her friend. I feel so bad, but she drives me crazy. We start back up jan. 19 and I'm stressing over this, how silly huh....

MKSers

Asked by MKSers at 2:59 AM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• you don't have to say it out loud, you can be polite but distant - HOWEVER - with people like this I believe being painfully honest is the best policy. When she is carrying on next, ask her to come outside with you and have a heart to heart. Say you feel she embroiders the truth to gain sympathy, that you find it hard to spend time with her when she talks over you, say she needs to tone it down or people will turn away. Tell her you are trying to be a friend but find it difficult when she is so overt and hungry for the spotlight. She will either be offended and leave you alone, or might actually take your honest assessment to heart and look at her behaviour - you can't complain about something unless you are willing to state it and give her a chance to change
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 3:17 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Thank you so much my heart, i think she would be a great person minus these few social/communicative flaws. I'm so not one to confront someone, but feel I can't let her take away from my schooling since I'm sacrificing every night to be there away from my small children
    MKSers

Comment by MKSers (original poster) at 3:20 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I totally agree, but... you know when you don't realise you are slurping you're soup unless someone tells you?, it could be as simple as saying it out loud to her - not mean , in fact turning away and just blanking her without an explanation is more hurtful than actually telling her your feelings. I am studying nursing with 4 kids, understand how precious that is, I just think you will lose nothing by being honest and you might actually find she appreciates the honesty rather than a cold shoulder - be brave, be honest, its just your opinion, not gunfire.
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 3:25 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I agree she may not realize how she is being percieved by others. Maybe she has a some silimar situations happen to her and she is trying to build a bond. If your not happy being her friend then you donot have be her friend. Just let her know that you have a busy schedule and will need some time alone to focus on your studies.
    Aries46845

Answer by Aries46845 at 9:09 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• yeah if you dont want to be her friend you dont have to just be honest with her tell her you need to concintrate on your studies & need to focus & have a busy schedule & cant have accquaintences right know
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 12:59 PM on Jan. 10, 2011