Why is my14- month old not sleeping through the night?

My little girl has been waking up between 4 and 6 times a night. She eats a half cup of her grain cereal before bed with her bottle. Every time she wakes up, she goes back to sleep after having her bottle. I do practice co-sleeping (if you don't agree with this, please be kind if you post). My pediatrician says that its not normal that she is not sleeping through the night but she doesn't want to restrict her bottle intake because she is petite at 16.9 lbs. My husband and I have tried the crib many times, but we are not going to let her self soothe. I work part time and my hubby full time, so we do need our sleep. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:41 AM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• sounds like it might be something she may have to grow out of. My 26 month old still wakes up in the middle of the night for milk sometimes.
    Does she take a late nap or a long nap? Maybe she is napping too long during the day.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 5:13 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• My dd went through the same thing.. I have 3 reasons I think might have been the cause.. first is cutting teeth. second is growing spurt and always wanting to eat because of it. And naps too long or too close to bedtime.. And if none of that is it, I have a tiny dd too (21lbs-17M) and we can just chalk it up too a little person thing! =) But it does get better.
    rkmom82

Answer by rkmom82 at 5:41 AM on Jan. 10, 2011