Why is it that teens and couples have to be sexual out in public

When iam in the mall i see to much gropping and sexuaal kissinig and touching that does not need to be going on in public espcially when there are kids around and the teens that are dating are doing this infront of their parent with their so

tinamarie1972

Asked by tinamarie1972 at 5:56 AM on Jan. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• I tend to ignore it and forget about it within moments of my having passed them.

If you got kids, you surely did "something" with the father at some point, as such shielding the kids from what comes naturally isn't going to do much good. We are all constantly bombarded with sexual images thru media and in public, from peers, school, work, etc. I'd just explain certain things to them and hope they take it to heart.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:03 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• It disgusts me slightly, I don't quite understand why they have to have their hands all over each other constantly. I don't particularly worry about my children seeing it, I just don't want to have to see it myself! Then again I just don't understand them since I've always thought that intimacy was a very private thing.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 6:09 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Why do you feel sexual / affectionate behavious is somehow wrong?
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 6:09 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I've never seen anything but kissing, and holding hands in public. Nothing wrong with it.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:06 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I hate it & don't like for my kids to see it.
    babiesandkids

Answer by babiesandkids at 8:28 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• i dont like seeing people making out but holding hands and a peck is not bas
    Collegemommy910

Answer by Collegemommy910 at 9:07 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• bad
    Collegemommy910

Answer by Collegemommy910 at 9:08 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• My husband and I are very affectionate people, we hold hands in public and he's usually got his arm around me if we are standing in line. We have gotten dirty looks for this, but I don't find it inappropriate at all. Basically, everyone has their own idea of what is okay for public and what is not.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:56 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Attention. They're trying to prove themselves to the public. They want everyone to know they're with someone and they're worthy. There's a billion reasons that all stem from teenage insecurity.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:55 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• holding hands and kissing is ok... making out or groping is a private thing... get a room
    sarlove01

Answer by sarlove01 at 12:30 PM on Jan. 10, 2011