After Chemo???

My mom is starting Chemo today and I hope I dont get bashed for my questions....Ive researched alot about Breast Cancer, but not Chemo...Im just looking for some personal expieriences. How long will it take for her to lose her hair? How long after Chemo does vomiting and nausea stop? etc...

judith106

Asked by judith106 at 6:19 AM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Health

• from experience with my grandmother within the week her hair will start to shed but to keep the her from feelin nauseous marijuanna helped her alot she was able to get up and be productive throughout the day
    Tonia474

Answer by Tonia474 at 9:47 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• It's so subjective. Some people loose it days after the first round, some never do, same with the vomiting and nausea.

Just have to wait and see i'm afraid.
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 6:41 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I went through it with my best friend. Your best bet is to talk to the doctor or a nurse; there are different doses and types - not all make you lose your hair or get sick. With hers, she lost her hair about a week into it. We had her hair cut short prior so it wasn't as much of a shock to her. Sometimes she was fine after a treatment, other times she couldn't keep down water. I'd suggest that your mom not eat something she really likes prior to treatment (so she doesn't develop an aversion to it if she does get sick.) Lots of good luck to both of you.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:56 AM on Jan. 10, 2011