My 3 month old baby girl Doesn't sleep at all during the night i need help this is making me feel sick of not getting any sleep HELPP PLEASEE

Ok my 3 month old daughter don't sleep at all during the night I have try everything in the book everythinggg but she goes to sleep at 7am to 8am every single day then I have a toddler to take care am hardly getting any sleep anyone any advice what can i do or try please i need help she be awake since 10 pm to 7am just like that.. HELP PLEASEEEE

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:42 AM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i feel ya! i have a 6 week old and she is starting to stay awake most of the day, and still wakes up about 3 times in the night. so im right there with you on sleep depravation! does she sleep during the day at all? if she takes descent nap, i'd take one with her! maybe put both kids in bed with you, put on a movie for the toddler and just go to sleep for alittle while. sounds like she has her days and night mixed up if she is sleeping during the day....sorry, i can't figure it out either, but hopefully our little ones will figure it out and SOON! lol
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 6:56 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Your baby has things backwards (very common) their day is our night and vice versa... and you have to change
    that so that you can sleep...
    This is what I did with my dd's when they did the exact same thing, mind you this was 28 & 24 yrs ago
    and my dd's did the same thing with a few of their children as well...

At 10PM (and my dd's were up from 10PM - 6AM every night starting at 2 1/2 months) I would give them
    warm very thin, rice cereal ... I never used the bottle method, but many women I know did and it worked
    just the same....
    You could also contact your baby's dr and see what they suggest...

But the cereal has always worked for me..even my grandson that I am raising (since his birth 10 yrs ago) was the
    same way and now will have a bowl of oatmeal before bed...

GL
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 7:03 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Have you tried letting her sleep in a baby swing?
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:11 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Try putting her on a feeding schedule of every 3 hours during the day. After each feeding, keep her awake for a while, and then let her sleep the last part of the cycle. Wake her if you have to and feed her every 3 hours, and repeat the cycle. Put her down where you want her to sleep at night so that she associates sleeping with that place. Also, try not feeding her at night when she wakes up. That may not work just yet, but it's worth a try. All my children slept through the night by the time they were 3 weeks old.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:12 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Is she crying a lot? My son who was colicky hardly slept at night. It was so hard to get him to sleep and keep him asleep. I would try the swing, if you haven't already. Also, be careful about keeping her awake too much during the day. With a baby you can sabotage your plans. :D If they don't get enough sleep that can make them sleep LESS at night!

I promise you she won't stay this way!! It WILL get better and you will get some sleep. Be sure and try to nap when your toddler does. It's the only thing that will keep you sane for a little while.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:22 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• How I wish when I had my daughter I had fam. live by me. I know how you feel I did it all myself. You do need some sleep maybe your husband can stay up with her for a little while, You are right it does make you feel sick. I agree. I would try changing her schedule like the one poster said. If she does fall a sleep wake her up after a certain amount of time. What I did keep low lighting on where you are in the house and quiet. Do not talk to her and play. This is what somebody told me to do and it worked. I was like is this really going to work and it did. I did this the very first day she came home. 1. I would change her diaper, 2. feed her. 3. burp her 4. put her back in let her find her way. I would be done in 45 min. My daughter would feed 3.5 to 4 hours. Stay to the same schedule. I hope this helps you!! "HUGS" This will not last forever like this, I know easier said then done.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:55 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I know this is going to be hard but the more you keep the baby up during the day they will sleep longer at night,give the baby rice cereal in formula at night,give bath and rub down with lotion before bed that helps alot.
    mama126

Answer by mama126 at 9:44 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Cosleep! You can sleep/doze while she nurses.

And remember, the bigger the child, the bigger the problems!!!

Answer by rkoloms at 9:03 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• my daughter sleeps with me shes 4 months old now and one way i got her to go to sleep at night is she watches me settle down and start to go to sleep she mimicks me its like they can sense 'oh hey moms settling down maybe i should to' but it doesnt always work but it usually does i started her out sleeping on my chest ( dont worry about rolling over you have a maternal sensor even asleep but if your worried stick a pillow under each arm for support and to stop you from rolling )
    lillymom828

Answer by lillymom828 at 9:34 PM on Jan. 10, 2011