If CM gets rid of the Anon feature...

would you make another account, so that you could answer honestly or nastily (or whatever) with that one and in that way keep your original account's rep untarnished and unrelated to that other one?

Sorta a good Jane everyone like and the Not So Good Jane no one knows and isn't sure of but we all know it has nothing to do with "Good Jane" cuz its a difft screenname and profile info and everything so it "must" be someone totally different, not the same typist using 2 difft logins.

it surprises me how many people don't understand how the internet works though. Whether its ignorance or naiveity I dunno, but I am shocked.

Point being: If you really want to stay Anon and not have a comment associated with you, you can. The Anon feature may go away, but all that does is remove its convenience, not its ability to be done.

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 7:14 AM on Jan. 10, 2011 in About CafeMom

• blaming the anon feature for snarks, trolls, mean-people-suck, etc..is like blaming fastfood for obesity. its not the feature that is at fault; its the user.
    DON'T BE TAKING MY '1/4LB'r' AWAY BECAUSE YOU (not you, op) CAN'T CONTROL YOUR OVEREATING OR UNHEALTHY LIFESTYLE.

whew..i feel better now.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:23 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Do you really think people do not already do this now? I can think of a couple people who post now who are people I would consider have two accounts.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:21 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Sometimes I like to answer anon. why because of certain people. One is always after me and I do not know why. I did not do anything to this person and now I know to stay away from any type of post she is on. I just do not know why people are so rude. I feel like at times this is high school very sad. I like to come on here and have fun but when answering anon. I am respectful of others. Do I think some people abuse the anon. yes I do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:34 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• If they did get rid of it (which I doubt). I just wouldn't post anything that I thought was embarrassing me.

I wouldn't blame the anon button for all the rude, snarky and annoying questions/answers. I could name, names on those who are rude and snarky on a daily basis, but can't.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 7:54 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I dont really ever use the anon button and I certainly wouldnt go through the hassle of making another account. I wanted to make another account just so I could change my screen name and didnt want to go through the hassle of it then, so I certainly wouldnt just so I could sneekily be mean to a person..
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 7:25 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• It wouldn't bother me because I never use the anon button.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:30 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Sounds like too much trouble to me. I'd just not answer the question.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:36 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Seriously, let the subject about the Anon feature go.
    Isn't there something more important to talk about then a blasted feature on a forum? Honestly.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:44 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• NP. some of that info is out there. It just slips out. I don't have the time or interest to data mine someone but I'm sure I've let enough slip that half of CM can figure out what city I live in and get close enough to me and the places I go just to say boo to me. Now, I know what I should not let slip but once it's out there, it's out there. There is no undo button on the net.

Anon can be just another safety feature. Sure, it gets abused but report the abuse. That's what the TOS if for. I feel it's far more valuable to keep because of the good it can do.

The whole problem with Anon isn't the anon feature. It's the users and those responding to them and making things worse by crying troll and heaping abuse without cause. Someone using anon isn't cause to abuse them. If it's a TOS violation, anon or not, REPORT IT. It's a simple solution.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 1:28 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I don't use the anon button, and I wouldn't make another profile. I stand by what I say - and if it's something I don't want the world to know about I just don't answer the question.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:48 AM on Jan. 10, 2011