6 week check up

i have my 6 week check up today, but i also have my first period after birth, should i cancel and reschedule till i don't have it anymore? im supposed to get the depo shot also, and i want to ask about getting happy pills for a little ppd and anxiety.
i know my dr, and trust him, but it seems a little gross to me. any thoughts?

mama2bof2

Asked by mama2bof2 at 7:19 AM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i was bleeding too when my 6 week checkup came around and i called the office and asked what i should do. since most of the time you get a vaginal exam or pap smear, they don't want you to be bleeding. they told me to reschedule when i had stopped bleeding.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:23 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• oh and i should add my flow was really heavy too, i think if its very light they might still take you in.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:24 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• its not heavy, but not light, about average i'd say. i want the shot though, i dk. lol i'll call and ask! lol
    mama2bof2

Comment by mama2bof2 (original poster) at 7:26 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I would reschedule. Wow, that's quick for getting your period!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:27 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• mompam, maybe it isn't then? lol. i am bleeding though, like a period...if its not that, then what? lol.
    mama2bof2

Comment by mama2bof2 (original poster) at 7:38 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Call the office and explain everything you have said here. They may have you come in twice to take care of all of your concerns.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:36 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• i think i was at the end of my period and they still too me in. i would of cancelled if i was bleeding heavy though. maybe reschedule for a couple of days from now.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 8:58 AM on Jan. 10, 2011